Reporting to the Senior Manager, Compensation and Recognition, the Compensation Manager is responsible for participating in the design and development of compensation initiatives that advance Walmart. The role is also accountable for operationalizing and administering compensation plans, benchmarking and processes that align to their assigned business groups. The incumbent would also provide subject matter expertise and complete research to evaluate and monitor the market competitiveness and alignment to strategy of compensation programs and policies in support of driving the associate experience. Responsibilities also include composing relevant communication materials and presentation of deliverables to business leadership.
What you'll do...
- Partners with client groups and HR Business Partners to obtain in-depth understanding of the business to design appropriate compensation initiatives to support requirements and ensures that current compensation programs are aligned with their business strategies and goals.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation programs to ensure market competitiveness.
- Provides strategic insights, analytics and macro trends to shape ideas and develops recommendations for senior leadership review and approval for investments
- Participates and leads compensation design and benchmarking for designated business groups.
- Conducts job evaluation and maintains job architecture for designated business groups to support internal equity
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis of existing and proposed compensation programs through “what-if” scenarios and development of costing models.
- Works with leadership to ensure pay-related programs reflect the growth of the business and the competitive market within which it operates for talent.
- Responsible for providing market insights and subject matter expertise in the design and evolution of all pay components, programs, policies and practices
- Partners with Operations and People Partners for designated business groups on the annual merit review project for salaried associates
- Prepares total rewards communication content for designated business groups and training on pay practices
- Keeps abreast of compensation trends and practices in the retail industry and Canadian marketplace.
- Participate and represent Walmart in external network forums and industry events as required
- Undergraduate degree in Business, HR Management or related degree
- Completion or near completion of CCP designations would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in a similar position
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Advanced level with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, collaboration tools).
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage and complete multiple initiatives under tight timelines
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, presentation skills
- Relationship management and ability to partner with senior business leaders
- Possesses an innovation mindset, is solutions driven, and critical thinking ability
- Knowledgeable about job architecture, implementation experience is an asset
- Knowledgeable of provincial and federal legislation and employment laws
- Experience working with Workday is a plus
- Bilingual (English / French) is an asset but not required
Apply online: Walmart Canada Corp.