The Total Rewards Coordinator will provide a full range of support to the Total Rewards & PX team, Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Total Rewards, ensures compliance and/or consistency with legislation, internal standards, policies and procedures with internal customers specifically as it applies to maintaining employee information and records. The role provides operational support to the Total Rewards Specialists and is a key point of contact in responding to compensation, benefits and pensions related matters provided to the organization by administering programs, processes and providing technical assistance and support where needed.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service with respect to department heads and employee inquiries. Ensuring guidance and direction is provided to staff on how to access resources.
- Provided operational support to the TR Specialists to ensure timely completion of processes.
- Supports internal PX audits and resolution prior to data transfer to payroll.
- Liaises with payroll to resolve anomalies in a timely manner to process pays accurately.
- Facilitates the administration of all benefit programs including retirement, wellness, short/long-term disability, recognition, employee assistance, and ASO/insured benefits
- Supports the management of the PX inbox and escalate employee and manager inquiries as required
- Maintains knowledge of specific collective agreements and plan documents to ensure proper compliance within the framework of the Employment Standards Act
- Participate in review and updating of Total Rewards processes, plans and policies to ensure accuracy and validity and create efficiencies
- Assist with the job documentation management and job evaluation of positions as required.
- Maintains appropriate level of confidentiality when responding to external inquiries
- Participates on ad hoc working groups and PX/total rewards projects/initiatives, working and px/total rewards projects/initiatives, working collaboratively to ensure delivery of outcomes and timelines
Data Entry & Reporting:
- Generates monthly group benefit premium remittances, and prepare bi-weekly and monthly pension remittances, reconciling totals to ensure accuracy
- Prepares yearly and ad hoc communications to advise employees of eligibility requirements
- Conducts supporting research, complete and submit market surveys, conduct preliminary job evaluations and salary analysis as required.
- Acts as a data steward for all HRIS entries pertaining to the Total Rewards function, including but not limited to new hire data, compensation and job changes, benefits and pension entries.
- Provides external consultants with data and information relating to compensation, benefits and pension as requested
- Prepares internal reconciliations, reports and audits as required
- Prepares weekly and bi-weekly files for terminated employees inclusive of requests for extension of benefits or services, based on agreements.
- Processes ad hoc invoices as required
- Prepares notice of change forms and pension authorization forms for the defined benefit pension plan
- Performs other duties as required, including the preparation of ad hoc reports, dashboards and presentations
- Understanding of Total Rewards areas including Compensation, Benefits, Disability Management, Pension and inherent confidentiality associated.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software applications
- General knowledge of accounts payable and invoice processing processes.
- Undergraduate education in Human Resources or Business Administration
- 2 – 3 years of experience in Human resources with at least 1 year of specific total rewards experience.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and discretion in all matters
- Celebrate diversity of thought and have an open mindset
- The individual must be imaginative to carry out some tasks that often require a little innovation. - Supports change and shares ideas related to own work and work of others
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of continual learning, taking risks without the fear of making mistakes
- Actions or decisions may cause identifiable deterioration in customer/public or employee relations
- Uses or maintains company assets like Computers, in accordance with established guidelines.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude when dealing with employees and their inquiries
- General communication, co-ordination, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service with respect to department heads and employee inquiries. Ensuring guidance and direction is provided to staff on how to access resources.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to self audit
· Normal office environment
Work produces nominal disruptive elements but intensity, frequency and duration are not considered severe enough to produce abnormal levels of anxiety, tension or disruption of normal life-style.
Please apply via our website: https://woodbine.com/corporate/job/?id=9d44b706-de07-4e69-9fd5-d5a2379a0d70