We are partnering with a leading Canadian organization to recruit a Senior Manager, Pension & Benefits. This is a one-year contract position (Hybrid). You will be leading the strategic planning, development, implementation, evaluation, governance, and continuous improvement of the company’s retirement programs, group benefit plans, mental health & wellness strategy, and other employee benefit programs.
- Coach and manage a team of 6 (direct and indirect reports);
- Responsible for developing the strategy for retirement plans (defined benefit & capital accumulation plans), group benefits (including disability management), and wellness programs to align with the total rewards vision;
- Development, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement of retirement benefits, wellness programs, plan designs, policies, and procedures;
- Review best practices and metrics to make recommendations to programs, plan design, policies, etc., including the preparation of required business cases for return on investment when considering new programs or initiatives;
- Responsible for the facilitation and management of the programs for the business;
- Lead the execution of the quarterly Management Pension Committee meetings, coordination of regulatory filings, consultation and vendor management with consultants, investment managers, record keepers, and plan trustees, and managing pension funding processes;
- Lead HR and cross-functional projects from a total rewards perspective and will work closely with various internal stakeholders to ensure programs support the strategic objectives of the organization.
- A University degree with a focus on Business Management or Human Resources is preferred;
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), or relevant experience required;
- At least 5-7 years of relevant progressive experience (including leadership experience);
- In-depth knowledge and progressive experience in retirement, group benefits, disability management, and wellness programs;
- Prior experience reviewing various utilization and metrics to gain insights on programs and using data analytics to present insights or recommendations to leadership in a way that communicates the object clearly and supports decision-making;
- Prior involvement in board-level committee meetings and material preparations
If you are interested or you know someone who may be a great fit, please contact Rebecca at email@example.com
Apply online: The Talent Company