Community Living Toronto (CLTO) a recognized leader in the Developmental Services sector, seeks a Senior Manager, Total Rewards & HRIS.
Established in 1948, CLTO has set the benchmark for excellence, innovation and accountability since its inception. With 1200 full and part-time employees in 70 group homes, community hubs, and offices across Toronto, CLTO continually ‘moves the yardsticks’ in making the lives of the people we support better.
Our mission is to foster inclusive communities by supporting the rights and choices of people with an intellectual disability. Our vision is ‘A society where everyone belongs. A society where everyone is valued’. These statements are not just words on a page. We believe them, internalize them, and devote ourselves to attaining them every day.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Senior Manager, Total Rewards & HRIS brings demonstrated leadership success in designing, implementing, and managing programs for compensation, rewards and benefits management. Possessing strong interpersonal, communication, and team skills, this individual has the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
They bring experience in a unionized environment and a solid understanding of collective bargaining agreements, particularly with respect to the interpretation of articles related to compensation, benefits and pension matters.
The Senior Manager, Total Rewards & HRIS is responsible for leading the total rewards strategy of Community Living Toronto, ensuring the strategy both supports and is aligned with the Association’s goals. Working collaboratively with the Chief People Officer, CFO and CEO, while maintaining a high degree of autonomy, provides strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, and implementation of total rewards processes and programs. Working within financial and compliance requirements, enables the Association’s leaders to leverage financial capacity to pay as a means to attracting and retaining talent and providing exceptional service to the individuals who receive supports from Community Living Toronto. Effectively uses total rewards to create a high-performance culture with a value proposition that recognizes talent and provides a competitive advantage in attracting, engaging, retaining and motivating employees.
- Oversees all aspects of Community Living Toronto’s total rewards initiatives including the building of infrastructure, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Provides guidance and subject-matter expertise to the Chief People Officer, the Senior Management Team, Board committees, the Human Resources team and the sector on all matters related to compensation.
- In conjunction with Communications, ensures develop and delivery of communications that maximizes employee understanding of compensation and benefits.
- Serves as thought leader and change agent in the development and execution of Community Living Toronto’s total rewards programs and the ongoing delivery of HR information systems, HR metrics, and data analysis; works to create a work environment that is inclusive, respectful, and motivating for staff.
- Reviews Association collective bargaining agreements and provides guidance on organizational direction that address components of compensation, total rewards strategy initiatives, pay equity, and viability within collective bargaining.
- Provides monetary costing as may be required to address legislative changes, policy changes, and collective bargaining.
- Leads the Association’s job evaluation committee to ensure equity in job classifications; provides support to other projects with data analysis and participates in events and special projects on an as needed basis.
Benefits and Pension Programs
Data Management and Analysis
- Oversees and directs the team responsible for the administration of a full range of benefits programs
- Manages the relationships with external consultants/vendors to support annual reviews and new or improved programs
- Holds accountability for contract negotiations and preliminary discussions with vendors.
- Supports the Human Resources department to develop a strategic technological direction for new/enhanced initiatives, programs, and processes.
- Oversees the team responsible for data management analysis and total rewards benchmarking processes
- Leads continuous improvement efforts, periodic audits of data in the HRMS and oversees time/pay management for entire HR department; tracks severance salary continuation processes.
Staffing and Development
- Manages full cycle recruitment and selection
- Coaches and mentors team members through issues; enhances both team and individual capabilities, ensuring members understand their role fully and can perform all tasks effectively.
- Provides feedback, guidance, and functional advice to staff concerning their performance at regular intervals and through annual performance appraisals.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Recognized human resources designations such as CHRP/L, CCP, and CEBS are an asset.
- A minimum of 7 – 9 years of progressive experience in Total Rewards and HR Systems in an organization of a similar size.
- Experience in a unionized environment is required.
- Change management and project management experience is required.
- Active affiliation with appropriate HR networks and organizations.
Apply online: Community Living Toronto