The Senior Compensation Consultant is responsible for the delivery of compensation programs to the Canadian business. This position plays a significant role in arriving at strategic compensation decisions and assists with providing analysis and advice to enable thoughtful and creative solutions that respond to business needs.
What you will do
- Contribute to strategic initiatives aimed at ensuring compensation programs remain relevant, competitive and sustainable while meeting current and future business needs.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness through continuous process improvement, automation, innovation and streamlining of compensation practices, processes and tools.
- Collaborate on the integration and alignment of compensation programs and processes with other related areas in HR such as performance management, benefits and pension, employee engagement, talent acquisition and talent development.
- Nurture trusted relationships providing expert advice, counsel and direction in support of short and long-term strategic business objectives.
- Proactively leverage external networks and market data to provide the business with competitive information, keeping abreast of market trends and industry developments
- Work in partnership with clients to maintain / manage internal equity through job evaluation, job architectures and other HR / compensation tools.
- Collaborate on the enhancement, maintenance and/or development of compensation and job evaluation administration systems, including recommending specific functionality and process flow.
- Participate in the annual compensation review cycle and short-term and long-term incentive plan processes including award calculation, payment and communication.
- Design and integrate compensation communication, ensuring HR Partners, leaders and employees receive timely and easy to understand information on compensation programs and processes.
- Act as a knowledge resource for colleagues.
What you will bring
- University degree in HR, Business or related field.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive related experience.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, teamwork, collaboration, and consultative skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Exhibits organizational awareness with attention to both the “big picture” and the details.
- Strong problem solver with ability to think conceptually and analytically.
- Results oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrates advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office Suite (excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and adept with Compensation and HR systems (e.g., SuccessFactors); strong numerical aptitude.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Canada Wide
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Apply online: Canada Life