Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable, and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn, and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do
As the Sr Director, Total Rewards, you will Lead the compensation, benefits, wellness and HRIS strategy for Staples Canada. As a subject matter expert, provides leadership and direction in the design, creation, communication and execution of total rewards programs across all business units. Collaborates effectively with HR functional partners, as well as other business functions (ie. Finance, Business Services, Operations, etc.) on all relevant aspects of total rewards. Leads M&A integration activities for Total Rewards and HRIS. You will Keep abreast of industry changes and uses this knowledge to ensure a competitive, cost effective and legislatively compliant total rewards program is in place and positively contributes to the attraction, engagement and retention of our Canadian associates.
Specifically, You Will
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing creative compensation programs in order to provide a competitive level of pay, motivation, and reward to employees.
- Provides guidance to team and monitors competitive trends in compensation and identifies and develops strategies to maintain the organization’s position compared to other employers.
- Oversees Canadian benefits programs and budget and manages vendor relationships. Monitors utilization and trending reports, making recommendations for program improvements and develop communication programs and oversee plan documents.
- Develops and implements wellness strategy. Determines and recommends wellness approach and programs to support agenda.
- Recommends and implements new value-added programs in order to ensure that our benefit offering remains competitive to market.
Some of what you need
- University degree in related discipline or equivalent.
- Professional Accreditation in post-secondary Compensation & Benefits and or professional HR designation required. (CCP, CBP, CGP, CHRL).
- 10-15 plus years of progressive Compensation and Benefits with at least 5 years in a Director role.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation plan design, including market data analysis and sales plan designs.
- Executive compensation experience is an asset.
- Strong HR systems and data reporting and analytics experience.
- Experience with Peoplesoft and Oracle HCM an asset.
- In depth expertise in the financial management and design of company benefit plans.
- Experience with merger and acquisitions and integrations from a Total Rewards and HR systems perspective.
- Knowledge of payroll systems and processes is an asset.
- Workers Compensation experience an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership competence.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships at all levels within the organization to gain support and achieve results.
- Solid analytical ability mixed with creativity to design new approaches to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, including negotiating, influencing and consensus building.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to operationalize Total Rewards programs.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated agility to succeed in a high change, fast paced environment, juggling multiple time sensitive priorities.
- Advanced level user of MS office applications, including Excel.
Apply online at: Staples