The Compensation Advisory Group, within the Global Total Rewards Group, is TD's in-house Compensation consulting team that provides advice and tailored compensation solutions for each business group based on their respective strategy and business requirements.
About this Role
The Compensation Advisor reports to the Senior Manager, Compensation Advisory and acts as an in-house compensation expert, supporting the design and delivery of custom rewards solutions that align with strategic business requirements. The Compensation Advisor will build great partnerships across Global Compensation, Finance, HR Business Partners and Business Leaders. This role will support the TD Securities (Capital Markets) portfolio.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of TD’s strategic direction, ensuring business-specific compensation programs are aligned with enterprise-wide compensation principles and objectives;
- Monitor and advise on competitive market trends to ensure both compensation design and pay-level opportunities will attract and retain qualified talent;
- Actively participates in supporting the team in critical integration activities;
- Participate in and contribute to the development of tools, workshops and reference materials that increase capability for making informed Total Rewards decisions;
- Manage the annual compensation cycle for the assigned businesses, including survey submission, end-to-end research and market analysis, and presentation of findings;
- Provide advice and counsel on complex compensation recommendations for new hires or internal moves within businesses;
- Lead and participate in projects, engaging multiple stakeholders in flow of information and assignments;
- Provide business-specific, ad hoc and project-related analysis;
- Participate in broader Global Compensation Advisory projects.
What can you bring to TD?
Share your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and attributes: The successful candidate will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Compensation Acumen: Strong working knowledge of compensation fundamentals, including executive compensation, with a proven track record for delivering competitive compensation programs.
- Analytical & Conceptual Thinking: Ability to conduct complex analysis and research, and translate that knowledge into meaningful insights and recommendations for the business.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to identify patterns, trends and relationships in the data that are not immediately obvious to find optimal and pragmatic solutions.
- Executes with Speed and Impact: Can operate with high standards and build a sense of urgency to get results, always taking the initiative to find ways to get better results.
- Acts like An Owner: Takes ownership of issues and concerns, and works to engage relevant stakeholders to resolve.
- Innovates With Purpose: Ability to identify new approaches to old problems and challenge current paradigms, showing resilience in the pursuit of goals and objectives.
- Communication and Partnerships: Communicates clearly, encourages honest dialogue, builds great partnerships and influences others, leveraging both formal and informal networks to get things done.
- 4-6 years in a similar compensation-related capacity;
- Bachelors' degree in business management, human resources / labour relations, mathematics or economics preferred, or equivalent relevant working experience.
Apply online at: TD Bank Group