Contributes to the overall success of the governance and compliance of compensation for the Bank globally, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads the design and delivery of significant projects and governance and regulatory compensation initiatives including accountability for planning and end-to-end delivery, gap analyses and annual reviews (e.g., conducting reviews of the Bank’s remuneration policies and programs against local regulatory requirements). Applies specialized knowledge of enterprise policies and remuneration-related regulations to ensure the Bank’s compliance globally and in specific jurisdictions
- Manages the overall Human Capital and Compensation Committee of the Board’s (HCOB’s) agenda and process including material preparation and management of quality and timelines, etc. in support of the HCOB’s mandate. This includes reviewing materials created by other content contributors and suggesting amendments, drafting cover memos and resolutions, drafting / updating HCOB-related policies and other materials (e.g., Independent Advisor Policy, HCOB annual work plan, UK and Ireland remuneration-related updates, etc.), and collaborating with local HR to ensure the HCOB’s discharge of local requirements as the overarching remuneration committee for Scotiabank
- Monitors and prepares responses to remuneration governance and regulatory developments to ensure the Bank’s compliance with global and local regulatory requirements and guidelines, and contributes to the development of the Bank’s response to shareholder and regulatory compensation-related requests and preparation of related disclosures, reports and filings (e.g., compensation of material risk employees, Pillar 3 reports, portions of the Management Proxy Circular, etc.), which must stand up to rigorous scrutiny by external and internal reviewers including regulators, shareholders, proxy advisors, Internal Audit and Compliance.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Experience / Education:
- 5 to 8+ years of compensation experience, which may include executive and regulatory compensation, compensation governance & disclosure
- Regular interactions with other managers, directors and executives
- Materials are reviewed by Bank executives, board members and regulators, so must be prepared to an “executive ready” standard
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail is critical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Apply online at: Scotiabank