As one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we know it’s our people who make us great at what we do.
We are looking for a compensation professional to support our growing compensation consulting team on several current and upcoming client projects and initiatives. We need someone with superb analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, who is highly motivated, has a fine eye for detail, and can juggle multiple tasks and deliverables.
A typical day-in-the life of a Compensation Consulting Associate involves client related activities and compensation analysis that includes data compilation, aggregation, calculations and statistical reporting on a variety of clients projects relating to the design and delivery of compensation programs. As a team member you will be providing project management support to ensure that projects are organized, remain on schedule and contains all key pertinent information to facilitate our analysis.
You will coordinate custom market survey initiatives, including the design, launch, tracking, data validation and
analysis, and communication efforts. Other job documentation, job matching and benchmarking analysis, and job
evaluation efforts will also support specific engagements.
If you are looking to further yourself and take your career to the next level in the field of compensation consulting, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
- Utilize excel-based reporting to build compensation related tools, analysis and dashboards, adopting advance techniques to compute, aggregate and conduct comparative market comparisons
- Interpret data and derive key market insights and statistical computation for client and other insight reports
- Support consulting team members on client projects by providing high-touch data analysis covering a wide-spread of broad compensation activities, including incentive plan design, pay equity, job evaluation and salary structure design
- Conduct market benchmarking, reviewing client data and determining appropriate peer groups and performing data compilation and aggregation among multiple sources, sectors and industry databases
- Collect, organize, track, and interpret client pay program information and policy material
- Support and lead key custom survey activities, relating to questionnaire set up, survey tracking, database management, administration, data validation and client communications
- Be responsible for advancing HR reporting and analytics abilities, including ensuring data integrity, delivering ad hoc reports and enhancing the HR Insights dashboard in Power BI;
- Contribute to enhancing client project delivery, specifically in compensation data modelling, reporting, and analysis capabilities
- Support consultants on project management duties, including managing client documentation, coordination, scheduling, meeting note documentation and general status tracking
- Complete job evaluations, supporting salary structure framework set up and conducting cost modeling and
- impact analysis on client engagements
- Conduct research and perform financial analyses of industry sectors and client peer groups to understand business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends
- Support the team in preparation of client and business development related presentations and executive reports; translating data into broader total rewards themes and recommendations, utilizing multiple applications including word, excel and power point.
What we offer
- Award winning corporate culture; recipient of the Waterstone Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2021 award
- Flexible work from home policy
- Collaborative and engaging atmosphere
- Working with colleagues across Canada and across multiple practice areas
- Opportunities to help grow and evolve our practices
- Competitive total rewards package in terms of salary, bonus and benefits (commensurate with experience level)
- Support towards relevant study and advancement programs
What you offer
- University degree with a specialization in human resources management, mathematics or business administration
- 1-3 years of relevant total rewards experience
- CCP or CPHR designation is considered an asset
- Superior analytical skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel combined with a strong knowledge of
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and database management
- Ability to work in a team environment while managing multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Commitment to superior client satisfaction
How to apply
Please apply to the role using the link below or by submitting a copy of your resume and cover letter to