Flipp is a retail technology company with a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by reinventing the way people shop. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with tens of millions of shoppers through the next generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
Reporting to the Head/Vice President of People and Culture, the Senior Manager, Total Rewards is responsible for the Total Rewards Strategy (progressive design, management, and execution of the Total Rewards programs including base compensation, annual reviews, incentive pay, RRSP Pension plan, health benefits, and Equity Programs). This role is also accountable to establish a communications strategy that helps employees understand how their total rewards programs are designed and how they can maximize their own rewards.
This role will oversee Compensation, Benefits and Payroll and will be responsible to coach and drive high performance of the team.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Sets Total Rewards strategy for Flipp by recommending standardized programs, sales commission plans, variable compensation designs, bonus programs and long-term incentive programs that are forward thinking and aligned with the Flipp People Strategy.
- Lead and develop a team of total rewards and payroll professionals
- Create a strong culture of high performance, recognition and equity through the design of reward and recognition programs
- Provide counsel and collaborate with People & Culture team members along with Business leaders including well researched analysis regarding Total Rewards topics
- Oversees the annual salary review and variable pay calculation process aligned with Performance review process
- Accountable for continuous evaluation of Flipp’s Total Rewards programs to match business strategy and policy requirements.
- Develops tools and materials to communicate Flipp’s total reward philosophy.
- Oversees Flipp’s annual/bi-annual salary benchmarking process, including survey selection and leveraging the team to analyze market data, reviewing and providing recommendations for compensation adjustments.
- Provide coaching and oversight of Flipp’s promotion and progression processes.
- Leads internal pay equity analysis and coordinates provincial pay equity audit.
- Able to educate Flipp coaches’ on Flipp’s compensation philosophy, structure and processes on how we set compensation for our team members.
- Support M&A activities as they relate to benefits and compensation
Job Evaluation and STI/LTIP
- Oversee Flipp’s s job evaluation system and work with HR and Business stakeholders to evaluate and/or update roles across the organization
- Administer Flipp’s pay equity program
- Administers the Short term incentive and Long term Incentive communication and updates of plan; responsible to ensure ongoing integration of plan payouts to results and work with stakeholders to ensure comprehension of value proposition
- Help assist VP of People with best practice programs in industry to keep up to date and competitive
- Helps administer Sales Bonus Programs and analyze effectiveness of the bonus program on driving required results
RRSP and Benefits Management
- Assess and manage Flipp’s health benefit, RRSP and other employee reward programs.
- Own vendor relationships for outsourced benefit programs and work with external providers in evaluating and updating pension and benefit programs, as required.
- Stay abreast of legislative and industry changes/trends and adopt and implement as needed.
- Identify ROI opportunities to maximize Flipp’s Pension and Benefits spend, while aligning programs with employee needs.
- Develop communication materials to support employee understanding and value of our offerings and determine the best way to educate team members
Oversight and support of Payroll Team
- Provide proactive coaching to the Payroll team and ensure that Total Rewards and Payroll priorities are effectively integrated to act as one team
- Together with Payroll liaise with VP of People and Culture on enterprise scope payroll projects/initiatives
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources / Business / Commerce or related field
- 5+years of experience managing compensation and benefits in a fast-paced environment, including existing experience as a Manager of Others
- Strong experience with market surveys and overall pay administration, including managing annual increases around review process and bonus calculations
- Excellent knowledge of current HR legislation and Employment Standards
- Knowledge and experience with variable compensation plans
- Experience with Job Evaluation Process
- Experience setting up management communication programs to explain Compensation principles and practices
- Exceptional data literacy and analysis skills
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen to liaise with managers across the organization
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Able to handle confidential information in an ethical manner
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) strongly preferred
- Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) an asset but not required
- Prior experience overseeing payroll is an asset
- Experience with Dayforce system is a an asset, but not required
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including: Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Apply online at: Flipp Corporation