As our Senior Sales Compensation Consultant you will be a key partner and support for AVP, Sales Comp to help execute on sales compensation governance matters, including facilitating approval and documentation of sales comp plans, perform sales compensation effectiveness analysis, and to actively engage in discussions around plan design changes and new plan designs.
In partnership with AVP, Sales Compensation:
- Understand the sales organization needs and goals and acts as a consultant to HR Partners, Finance Partners and sales leadership
- Act as the key point of contact on sales leveling enhancements made in the future
- Provide strong analytical support in the design, development, and implementation of sales compensation programs and processes, understanding internal equity, external competitiveness, and relevant regulations in Canada and USA.
- Actively engage in discussions around plan design changes, new plan designs when business consults with us on plan design (e.g., help with rationalization, modeling in partnership with Finance)
- Perform sales effectiveness analysis on sales compensation plans – performance distribution, compensation cost of production (in partnership with Finance)
- Administer annual sales equity (Restricted Stock Unit) program
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive compensation practices in the market. Establishes and maintains a network of contacts external to Manulife to facilitate valuable and timely access to market intelligence.
- Support other sales compensation governance initiatives (e.g., sales comp Workday data initiatives, earning codes review)
- Project manage assigned initiatives to their successful and timely completion.
- Analyze job content, conducts job evaluations at any level and degree of complexity.
- Perform Annual refresh of Sales Compensation playbook – partner with AVP Sales Compensation
- Help execute on sales compensation governance work in close partnership with AVP, Sales Compensation:
- Facilitate preparation for annual sales compensation plan approvals
- Facilitate approval and documentation of sales comp exceptions, as applicable: schedule meetings to discuss, ensure approval protocol is followed by Business and Finance, update exception documentation
- Partner with Comp Consultants and serve as department expert on traditional compensation duties related to all sales roles in North America (e.g., job evaluations, benchmarking, offers). Provides compensation support, guidance and education to HR Partners and Finance Partners
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What we are looking for
- University degree, preferably in Business, Economics, Mathematics or Commerce with 6+ years of compensation related experience. Courses/completion of CCP / GRP designation would be an asset.
- Experience in program design, plan modelling and implementation.
- Experience performing financial analysis is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills, Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and spreadsheet analysis.
- Very detailed oriented and strong client service orientation with demonstrated consulting skills, responsiveness and flexibility in managing client needs.
- This position can be located in Toronto, Waterloo, Montreal or Boston
What can we offer you?
Our commitment to you
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Values-first culture
- We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
- We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
- We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
Apply online at: Manulife
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.