The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work full-time at our North Campus or to participate in the university’s Flexible Workspace Program which provides for remote work arrangements up to four (4) days per week.
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, you will participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategies that are aligned with the organization’s goals of being an employer of choice. You will provide operational and analytical support of HR services to managers and the HR Team and be a key point of contact in responding to and resolving issues related to pay, benefits and pensions.
In this role, you will be expected to provide day-to-day work direction and mentorship to the Total Rewards Coordinators.
The successful candidate will:
- Educate, advise and consult with all new employees regarding Ontario Tech’s Pension and Benefits programs.
- Provide 2nd tier support to members Pension and Benefits inquiries and manage the response to resolve any issues.
- Coordinate the job evaluation process for OPSEU and non-union positions which includes preparing documentation and correspondence, and managing numerous job evaluation requests for new positions, substantive changes, and request for reconsiderations.
- Provide advice to managers and employees with regards to the interpretation of the job evaluation governance process, timelines and implementation.
- Reconcile and audit monthly benefit billings to ensure adequate and timely payments to ensure employee coverage(s).
- Provide day-to-day oversight of existing programs/initiatives related to benefits (e.g. pension filing, annual election, tuition reimbursement, etc.).
- Participate in the development and administration of annual salary programs, to include analysis, project plan, communications and instructions for processing merit raises, etc.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with all stakeholders including external service providers and various levels of Faculty/Staff.
- Participate on ad hoc working groups and total rewards projects/initiatives, working collaboratively to ensure delivery of outcomes and timelines.
Required Education and Experience:
- Completion of a university degree with specialization in Human Resources Management, Business or Commerce.
- A Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or Pension Certification would be considered a preferred asset.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation is an asset.
- Minimum of six (6) years of progressive compensation, pension and benefits experience in a unionized environment.
Apply online at Ontario Tech
Ontario Tech University is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, while especially encouraging applications from women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and Indigenous Peoples in Canada will be given priority.
Ontario Tech University respects people's different needs and therefore will take all reasonable steps to ensure accommodation for applicants where appropriate. The University is also committed to ensuring that confidentiality is maintained throughout all aspects of the recruitment cycle.