If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Leader on our Total Rewards and Healthy Workplace team, you will be expected to foster an inclusive leadership approach that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion, as well as psychological and physical safety. As a key decision-maker, you will empower and guide your team, applying political acumen and balancing strategic with operational leadership.
As a Human Resources (HR) Leader, Compensation you will lead a team of dedicated and passionate professionals to design and maintain modern and effective compensation programs. Primary duties include:
- Develop and maintain compensation programs and philosophies that reflect and support The City’s corporate goals, policies, and contractual obligations.
- Monitor market conditions by initiating and/or participating in salary surveys and overseeing the market data analysis annually.
- Lead the team as we embark on a major modernization project to determine best approach to exempt job evaluation and salary structure development.
- Understand the importance of market pricing and consult with the organization in the application of market data and market data trends and influence compensation-related decisions in the organization.
- Lead several highly visible projects across the organization including annual merit cycle (pay for performance), salary disclosure project, online total rewards statements, and contribute to report writing for Executive Committee.
- Consult with leaders and managers from various levels on strategic issues relating to total rewards offerings.
- Provide advice to Business Partners/Consultants from other HR Centres of Excellence on total rewards and compensation related issues.
- Advance a psychologically safe and inclusive culture on the team.
- Lead change management initiatives on the team to ensure practices are fit for purpose, evidence-based and culturally appropriate for the organization.
- A degree in HR, Business, or a related field and at least 8 years of experience in total rewards is required.
- You have experience designing and delivering compensation programs and tools (such as job evaluation systems, market pricing projects and salary planning (pay for performance/merit pay systems).
- You have a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation and supervisory experience.
- Experience leading large teams in large, multi-union organizations where compensation is centralized.
- Success in this role will be dependent on:
- Your resilience and ability to manage ambiguity and your ability to achieve results through your team.
- Your ability to manage multiple, constantly shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated political and business acumen.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including particular focus on psychological safety for your team.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at: City of Calgary