This position serves as a key member of the global Rewards team by participating in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation & benefit programs across Canada and the globe. This role executes project and data analysis related work with a focus on the Canadian market and will also contribute and sometimes lead global projects as they relate to total rewards programs (salary and incentive plans, performance management, company paid and voluntary benefits, savings and pension plans, executive compensation, etc).
Director, Total Rewards, Canada is responsible for providing leadership in salary planning, bonuses, job evaluations while also overseeing group benefits, retirement plans, and wellness programs. Act as a strategic partner and expert advisor in leading, planning, developing, designing and implementing a range of programs and processes related to compensation, benefits, wellness programs, related policies and practices, and human resources analytics that support the company’s strategic goals in Canada while ensuring alignment with global philosophies and compliance with Company policies. Ensures compliance and adherence to legal regulations that affect existing plans and stays abreast of current legislation and trends.
- Project manages the review, development and implementation of salary, incentive, recognition and benefit programs to ensure overall market competitiveness within Canada. Develop detailed analysis and recommends plan revision as well as new plans which are consistent with total reward trends and company objectives. Develop policies, procedures and tools to manage the total rewards offering.
- Ensures guidance of the internal approval matrix and keep up-to-date of changes in local regulations for compensation and benefits.
- Conducts detailed analysis of workforce, compensation and financial data as it relates to human capital to identify trends and propose solutions to strategic business needs and to ensure RGA remains competitive and equitable.
- Lead and conduct job analysis and market pricing of new or revised roles. Based on market data and internal equity recommends an appropriate pay level ensuring competitive analysis of offers. Leads and/or works on a variety of global projects including market pricing for roles sitting in Canada.
- Work closely with HR Business Partners to advise on all compensation matters within assigned client group. Ensures compliance with corporate compensation guidelines and plans. Coach leaders to support managers through compensation decisions.
- Lead the annual salary planning for Canada while working closely with global teams.
- Participate in development of HR communication plans related to compensation and benefit programs
- Monitor legislative changes and propose modifications
- Oversee cost, design and plan conception of the company’s group benefit plans. Partners with Country HR regarding the selection of benefit, pension and wellness vendors, negotiation of services and ongoing review of services to ensure company philosophy is consistent. Monitors administrative costs of benefit programs and recommends cost management strategies including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepares budgetary recommendations and assists in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
- Maintain vendor and consultant relationships
- Implement and drive key HR decision-making metrics. Oversee data integrity in the various systems, including Workday. Provide executive reporting on various programs utilization and metrics
- Oversee Pay Equity compliance, including regular pay equity reviews and ensuring all compensation recommendations are made inclusive of Pay Equity compliance requirements. Responsible for meeting varied provincial legislative reporting and posting requirements.
- Analyzes and advises on cross border relocations to ensure competitiveness of compensation and tax impact to individuals on moves
- Participate in M&A and other global projects
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Business, Economics, Statistics or related with ideally 8+ years of compensation and benefits, finance or related analyst experience that involve implementation and program / project management as well as use of statistical analysis and modeling
- Expert knowledge of compensation & benefits principles and current industry best practices through extensive experience developing policies and programs related to compensation and benefits.
- Knowledge of Canadian employment and income tax laws, regulations and operating guidelines.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to develop models to analyze and forecast compensation and benefits expenses using Microsoft Office, particularly advanced Excel skills and HRIS platforms and reporting tools. Ability to build advanced charts and data models and excellent financial analytical skills.
- Strong skills in MS office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- CEBS, CCP or other industry designation
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational and execution skills.
- Innovative, strong project management and change management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Energetic, resilient, capable of managing multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and influence stakeholders
- Proven track-record of managing programs’ governance model
- Bilingual French and English
- Client focused
- Strong presentation and written skills with a strong interest in human resource management, working across international markets.
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible given changing priorities
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Knowledge of the "Workday" HRIS platform is a plus
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients’ prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
Apply online at: RGA