You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Reporting to the AVP, Compensation, the Executive Compensation Consultant enables the Total Rewards, HR and enterprise strategies by supporting all aspects of Sun Life’s global executive compensation programs including incentive design, administration and communication, compensation modeling, survey participation, performance analytics and management proxy circular.
This role supports all Executives globally. It is an agile role where Toronto is the primary work location.
What will you do?
- Operate with senior levels within the organization to provide professional analytical support for executive compensation programs
- Ensure that Sun Life’s executive compensation structure is competitive by leading or participating in the market research process. Activities include supporting survey participation, conducting benchmarking activities and developing summaries to support the executive decision-making process
- Analyze and report on compensation and governance best practices by monitoring industry trends, and reviewing related research
- Perform complex research, statistical analysis, and reporting using HR Information Systems, primarily Workday
- Participate in senior management / business partner discussions regarding initiatives/changes in organization structures and compensation programs
- Prepare materials to support the regular reporting to senior management and the Board
- Leads (or participates) in specific compensation projects from planning through to implementation
- Handle complex inquiries that have been redirected from business partners
- In partnership with the Director, Executive Compensation perform job evaluations and compensation recommendations for executive population, globally
- Provide analytical support towards the development of the annual Compensation Discussion and Analysis (CD&A) disclosure in the Management Proxy Circular
- Support year-end activities for Executive population
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree (or equivalent work experience) and 3-6 of relevant experience; Total Rewards experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of compensation practices and theory; preferably in executive compensation
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; the ability to create and maintain complex, dynamic spreadsheets
- Experience in leveraging HR Information Systems to administer compensation programs and extract data for analysis; Workday experience an asset
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and ﬁnancial modeling skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy (experience with statistics and data visualization technologies such as Tableau is an asset)
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences clearly and concisely at all organizational levels, expressing opinions, conclusions, and recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal and consulting skills, incorporating different perspectives, backgrounds, and styles
- Excellent initiative to plan and manage work independently, including proactively solving problems and identifying ways to improve work processes and practices
- Professionalism and diplomacy pertaining to all areas of discretion and confidentiality
- Experience in Agile project management considered an asset
- Knowledge of financial services sector considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Being a member of the Sun Life family, a group of people united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
- A friendly, collaborative and inclusive culture
- We’re honoured to be recognized as a 2022 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work® Canada
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- Wellness programs that support the three pillars of your health – mental, physical and financial
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply online at: Sun Life