Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
The Total Rewards team provides leadership and guidance in the development and delivery of effective compensation, retirement and benefit strategies, policies, and programs that support TD Bank business and talent objectives. The Compensation Advisory team supports all aspects of compensation, including compensation planning, governance, reporting, mergers and acquisitions, program design, incentive design, equity and other forms of long and short-term compensation, research, global mobility, and in-house consulting to our Human Resource Business Partners and business leaders. The Compensation Advisory team provides tailored compensation solutions, advice, and consultation on all aspects of total rewards.
This role will report to the Head of Compensation, Canadian Banking, Wealth & Insurance. The role will lead a team of compensation professionals in delivering customized solutions aligned to the strategic requirements for the Canadian Banking and Insurance businesses at TD. The role will interface with senior business executives, Human Resources Business Partners, HR Advice channels, recruitment, and HR Operations teams by providing strategic direction on both individualized complex total rewards initiatives as well as broader project-based reviews.
The Senior Manager will be expected to collaborate with internal and external partners to manage the proactive development, implementation, and ongoing delivery of Total Rewards solutions, while ensuring alignment with the broader HR strategy. In doing so, will:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the business group’s strategic direction, ensuring alignment of business specific compensation programs with established enterprise Total Rewards principles and objectives.
- Actively monitor trends in the competitive market with a strong understanding of external comparative organizational structures, ensuring both compensation designs and pay level opportunities support the attraction and retention of qualified talent.
- Lead and manage the incentive compensation design roadmap and execution of design initiatives and ongoing forecasting/monitoring of plan health, competitiveness, and alignment to business strategy.
- Lead analysis/trending and conduct modeling and stress testing for incentive plan design and other strategic analysis and providing advice and support on questions of policy and interpretation of plans.
- Ability to lead and conduct modeling/stress-testing/analysis for the purposes of compensation design.
- Independently manage year-end compensation, leading a team of Compensation professionals to execute flawlessly. Delivering market intelligence and insights by monitoring participation in salary surveys to ensure competitive compensation is in line with business strategy and compensation philosophy; executive and executive equivalent year-end recommendations; providing business specific employee plan oversight and monitoring against the forecast and intended behavioral outcomes.
- Lead and/or actively participate in compensation advisory projects engaging multiple stakeholders in flow of information / assignments across functions using well-established project planning and change management skills, including managing the communication requirements.
- Provide feedback to the policymakers and other total rewards specialists on the plans that require review based on operational issues or changed circumstances within business units.
- Possess a University degree with emphasis in business management, economics, mathematics, finance or postgraduate in Human Resources or equivalent work experience.
As it relates to the above, the successful candidate will exhibit the following key attributes and competencies:
- Looks ahead to reasonably anticipate business opportunities and obstacles.
- Creates long-term strategies and plans that reflect a thorough understanding of how the business operates.
- Champion’s breakthrough ideas, fresh perspectives and creative solutions that add value.
- Fosters an environment that supports innovation and breakthrough ideas.
- Sees connections in data, events, trends, etc., not obvious to others.
- Quickly analyzes complex problems to find actionable, pragmatic solutions.
- Proactively shares information, best practices, and ideas with others, and articulates a compelling vision, purpose and direction that inspires others to follow.
- Builds a sense of urgency in the team to get results and takes the initiative to find ways to get better results.
- Confronts and works to resolve tough issues
- Translates strategies into plans that can be effectively executed and establishes clear responsibility for action against priorities.
- Demonstrates perseverance, resilience in the pursuit of goals and a passion for winning in the marketplace.
- Balances competing priorities without losing momentum behind execution.
- Encourages and coaches’ people to build their skills and improve their performance.
- Values and leverages people with different perspectives and experiences.
- Creates a work environment that makes work rewarding and enjoyable and recognizes and celebrates the significant achievements of others.
- Clearly communicates ideas, plans and priorities to others and persuasively communicates to win support.
- Encourages the honest expression and debate of different views and ideas.
- Understands and uses informal networks to get things done.
- Superior business acumen and business writing skills
- Makes people proud to be part of the company because of his/her personal standards.
- Demonstrates a passion for mastering the details of the business and the marketplace.
- Leverages understanding of key business drivers to get results and demonstrates functional/ technical mastery of the current job.
Specific Qualifications – The preferred candidate will possess:
- Proven track record executing, administering, and designing competitive total rewards programs
- Significant experience in a numerical/analytical capacity with the ability to review and analyze data and present findings to senior business leaders
- Superior consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Power Point, and a working knowledge of Access an asset.
- Proven management and leadership skills and must be able to persuade and influence staff from other areas to obtain cooperation in achieving objectives.
- Proven project management skills, with an ability to provide oversight and coordination of multiple projects/changing priorities concurrently under tight timelines and with multiple stakeholders.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently as well as manage a team.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Enjoy working on complex issues and generating creative and business-oriented solutions and working in a professional environment as part of an integrated team.
Apply online at: TD Bank Group