Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You’ll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm’s people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our Total Rewards team plays an important role in supporting the attraction, engagement, and retention of key talent for the Firm. As part of the team, you’ll help develop and administer our total rewards programme by focusing on areas such as competitive benchmarking, tax and regulatory compliance, and incentive design and linkage to performance management.
Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards, the Senior Manager, Compensation & Recognition plays a key role in the overall design, implementation and communication of comprehensive compensation, rewards and recognition strategies and programs. A critical success factor for this role is building and maintaining strong relationships with key business stakeholders to effectively deliver the Total Rewards strategy.
- What to consider before applying
- This is a remote position, requiring the ability to work virtually.
- This is a 1 year full-time contract opportunity.
Purpose-led work you’ll be part of
As a Compensation & Recognition Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The primary function of the role is the management of PwC’s annual compensation competitive analysis review and delivery of the firm wide merit and bonus planning processes. This involves:
- Participation in the design and implementation of new programs by bringing thought leadership, conducting relevant analysis, and making data-driven recommendations to provide insights to firm leadership.
- Leading the development of core compensation methodologies, frameworks and standards related to pay ranges, compensation survey management, benchmarking and market pricing, job structures and levels and annual merit program, which link to overall philosophy.
- Working with HR business partners to advise and influence business leaders in compensation strategy and programs and to develop and deliver tools (e.g. decision tools and communication scripts) that enable leaders to make informed business decisions and effectively communicate to their people.
- Management and oversight of compensation management policies (e.g. pay decision guidelines) to support our HR business partners and their business leaders in understanding how our compensation programs support the people strategy aimed at increasing awareness and transparency related to compensation decisions.
- Develop and continually expand a good working knowledge of the business strategy of client groups in combination with general industry knowledge and market business trends in order to provide effective consultation to client groups.
- Coaching and development of compensation analysts and managers through day to day oversight and long term development support.
- Engaging in vendor selection decisions and overseeing relationships with compensation vendors to deliver innovative programs to support the compensation and recognition strategy.
- Handle compensation-related needs associated with future growth/acquisitions, including assessing compensation plans and transition needs, and performing due diligence around practices of targeted acquisitions.
- Plan, implement, and manage all firm-wide recognition programs including administration, communication, and training enablers.
- Research best practices and apply key findings in the development of new programs and the refinement of existing programs and processes.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy for delivering truly impactful recognition programs to attract and retain.
- Regularly review the reward/recognition programs to ensure strategy is implemented effectively, within established budgets, and complies with all relevant regulations, laws and employment standards.
Experiences and skills you’ll use to solve
- A degree in HR -related field and significant experience in compensation / total rewards
- A Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Previous experience designing and operationalizing compensation programs. Sales incentive design experience is an asset
- Advanced analytical skills including advanced knowledge of analytical tools such as MS Excel (Power BI an asset)
- A data driven mindset with the ability to analyze and translate large amounts of complex data into easy to understand summaries and communicate results in a succinct and compelling manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation and decision facilitation, report writing and data analytics
- Strong influencing skills
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment, with the ability to navigate complex issues while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and drive teams in a matrix environment
Why you’ll love PwC
We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc.
Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
Apply online at: PwC