Who we are
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best talent. We've built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We're problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, are committed to personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
McDonald’s Canada has a growth opportunity for a Total Rewards Consultant. Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, you will be a key member of the Toronto-based team, working in tandem with specialists in our regional offices in Canada and our global office in Chicago.
You will shape and govern compensation and rewards programs for Canadian employees and for 90,000+ employees of our Franchisees. In addition to providing support on a broad range of benefit plans and wellness programs. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of an organization that truly understand the value of EVP and the role that total rewards plays in the employee experience.
Who you are
You are a Total Rewards Consultant with 5 or more years of experience. You want to apply your expertise in
compensation analysis on a national scale. You are a change agent and a strategic communicator who can effectively support evolution in total rewards for the system. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as an internal consultant. You will develop a deep understanding of the organization to provide subject matter expertise to both the business and HR team members to ensure policies and practices are applied consistently. You will provide guidance and advice to the business and HR colleagues on questions relating to compensation, job evaluation, market analysis.
- Providing expertise and support to HRBPs/Business.
- Working collaboratively with other HR areas. You will come together to deliver compensation
- recommendations to support recruitment and promotion efforts taking into consideration internal equity and external competitive pay practices.
- Providing analysis and recommendations on topics such as cost of labour, pay trends, linkage of merit results to performance, incentive plan design, etc.
- Conducting job evaluations using Mercer IPE for identified business groups. You will provide supporting information and documentation that clearly articulate the rationale.
- Communicate and implement reward program decisions, improving overall understanding and reinforcing credibility.
- Supporting the annual planning cycle (Merit and Incentive). You will identify changes to enhance administrative processes and make recommendations on policies and processes.
- Participating in industry/internal Total Reward surveys and analyses. You will analyze survey data for all position levels, providing recommendations, identifying areas of risk or concern and preparing salary survey data, for both scheduled and ad hoc surveys.
- Supporting the evolution of our global Total Rewards programs. You will play a key role in the delivery of new compensation related initiatives. You will work closely with local and global Total Rewards and HR Business Partners to build out the roadmap and the change and communication plan to support changes in programs and practices. You will play a key role in the delivery of new compensation related initiatives and in supporting benefits and wellness initiatives/changes.
- The education. Post-secondary education in Human Resources/related field of a combination of experience and education. CHRP designation and CCP designation preferred.
- The experience. 5+ years of total rewards/benefits/compensation experience with deep knowledge of compensation cycles, market analysis, job evaluation and incentive design.
- Experience using a job evaluation system, specific experience using Mercer IPE is preferred.
- The collaborative and communication skills. Refined consultative approach that engages stakeholders in a collaborative manor. Very strong customer focus with keen attention to detail and ability to translate requirements into action. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills. Ability to present and communicate information and recommendations based on target audience.
- The innovative problem solving skills. Highly analytical in approach to developing recommendations, collecting, extracting, analyzing and manipulating large data sets. Ability to provide both commercial and creative solutions to local and offshore total reward requirements.
- French language skills would be a definite asset.
If you are interested in applying please click Apply Now