As Regulatory Compensation Senior Manager, you will:
- Provide regulatory compensation expert advice and counsel through a variety of business and leadership engagements to execute BMO’s strategy.
- Ensure BMO’s compensation programs, policies and initiatives align to regulatory requirements across all BMO’s jurisdictions and reflect sound risk management practices.
- Support the strategic direction, governance design, program design and execution of compensation programs at BMO.
- Complete specific strategic & operational work to deliver program objectives and/or minimize risk.
As a Senior Manager in the Regulatory Compensation team, your role will also:
- Provide expert advice, and support regarding regulatory compensation issues including internal/external program effectiveness assessment and governance.
- Act as the subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Make recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the group.
- Collaborate across BMO to develop regulatory compensation materials in support of the mandates of the Compensation Oversight Committee and the Human Resources Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Ensure governance review of compensation programs, including assessing if programs comply with principles & policies and legislative requirements.
- Support regulatory requests, including disclosure reporting, to ensure BMO meets regulatory requirements in applicable jurisdictions.
- Recommend changes on policy decisions, enhance subject matter expertise and keep abreast of regulatory trends by reading journals and articles.
- Lead change management regulatory programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Foster a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role model BMO values and behaviours in all that you do.
- Ensure alignment between values and behaviour that foster diversity and inclusion.
- Provide design requirements to help define & advance compensation strategy and assist in the development of strategic plans.
- Manage relationships with outside service providers for programs and ensure all required activities are completed.
- Support the design, development and implementation of multi-year strategy for compensation that improves employee productivity, engagement and advocacy in alignment with BMO’s overall business strategy.
- Break down strategic problems, and analyze data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Participate in industry benchmarking processes that allow for better understanding of BMO’s program in relation to comparators.
- Operate at an enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of regulatory compensation principles and program design methodology.
- Seasoned regulatory professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- In-depth/ Expert verbal & written communication skills.
- In-depth/ Expert analytical and problem solving skills.
- In-depth/ Expert collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- In-depth/ Expert data driven decision making.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to
create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working
together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic
growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow
and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our
customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you
help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-
building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
Apply online at BMO Financial Group