The role is accountable for successfully managing the ongoing service delivery and governance of various enterprise-wide compensation programs, such as base pay, incentive pay and equity, for both the Executive and Non-Executive populations. Within scope of the role are managing the daily operations, system administration and application support for the enterprise compensation systems and managing vendor relationships. This role also ensures that all programs are administered according to Corporate Policies, Compliance, Legal and Regulatory provisions and in accordance with service level agreements with external vendors for outsourced programs. The Compensation Program Delivery Manager is responsible to ensure consistency of programs across the enterprise and streamlining where possible in order to ensure operational efficiencies.
Supports the development, implementation and ongoing delivery of programs/solutions including all work related to incentives and rewards the bank provides employees (e.g., compensation, benefits, savings & retirement, performance) in order to meet specific business/group objectives. Provides subject matter expertise and advice related to the area of specialization with rewards. Works across BMO to deliver specific operational program activities & results.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the day to day subject matter expert for total rewards operations.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Coordinates budgets and reporting to track actual results vs budget.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Develops and manages a business/group program.
- Reviews the program for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Acts as the day to day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- Supports day to day operational processes, program management activities & administrative tasks to achieve business results and deliver the intended employee experience.
- Develops operational solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to stakeholders on implementation of total rewards solutions.
- Develops knowledge related to program and / or area of specialty (e.g., compensation, benefits, savings & retirement, etc.).
- Collaborates with stakeholders to support planning, implementation and sustainment of processes, workflow and program tools.
- Communicates and reinforces total rewards principles, programs, process, and standards.
- Participates in the design, development, implementation, and management of core processes.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide total rewards insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Gathers, examines and interprets data and information to extract meaningful program insights, answer business questions and provide actionable recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks total rewards performance, and addresses any issues.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Conducts industry analysis & trends to better understand innovative total rewards opportunities.
- Identifies internal and/or external emerging issues, trends and needs to inform business strategies & decisions and improve operational processes.
- May network with industry contacts to gather and identify competitive insights and best practices.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Total rewards program and /or operations experience.
- Knowledge of total reward designs.
- Project management skills – In-depth.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
Apply online at BMO Financial Group