We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background,
perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-
being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to
deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of
Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by
millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Senior Compensation Consultant
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located anywhere in Canada.
The Senior Compensation Consultant is responsible for the delivery and administration of compensation
programs to the Canadian business. This position plays a significant role in arriving at strategic
compensation decisions and assists with providing analysis and advice to enable thoughtful and creative
solutions that respond to business needs.
What you will do
- Contribute to both Global and Canadian based strategic initiatives aimed at ensuring compensation programs remain relevant, competitive and sustainable while meeting current and future business needs.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness through continuous process improvement, automation, innovation and streamlining of compensation practices, processes and tools.
- Collaborate on the integration and alignment of compensation programs and processes with other related areas in HR such as performance management, benefits and pension, employee engagement, talent acquisition and talent development.
- Nurture trusted relationships providing expert advice, counsel and direction in support of short and long-term strategic business objectives.
- Proactively leverage external networks and market data to provide the business with competitive information, keeping abreast of market trends and industry developments
- Work in partnership with clients to maintain / manage internal equity through job evaluation, job architectures and other HR / compensation tools.
- Collaborate on the enhancement, maintenance and/or development of compensation and job evaluation administration systems, including recommending specific functionality and process flow.
- Participate in the annual compensation review cycle and short-term and long-term incentive plan processes including award calculation, payment and communication.
- Design and integrate compensation communication, ensuring HR Partners, leaders and employees receive timely and easy to understand information on compensation programs
- and processes.
- Act as a knowledge resource for colleagues.
What you will bring
- University degree in HR, Business or related field.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive related experience.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, teamwork, collaboration, and consultative skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Exhibits organizational awareness with attention to both the “big picture” and the details.
- Strong problem solver with ability to think conceptually and analytically.
- Results oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrates advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office Suite (excel, Word,
- PowerPoint, Access) and adept with Compensation and HR systems (e.g., SuccessFactors); strong numerical aptitude.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today