Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
- our commitment that equity, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
- learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
- competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees with recent additions to promote inclusive coverage to a diverse employee population. These recent additions include gender affirmation and fertility drug and treatment coverage
- membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
- access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent employees
- virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes, nutritional consultations and wellness seminars
- we offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
- the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
Reporting to the SVP, Human Resources, this role is responsible for providing strategic leadership and high-level expertise in the design, delivery and assessment of all compensation, benefits, and wellness programs to align with and enable HOOPP’s business strategy. The Vice President of Total Rewards is a member of the HR executive team and is a key contributor in HR Transformation initiatives. The VP, Total Rewards creates and executes the strategy for the department, builds the team vision and provides leadership to a multi dynamic team of HR professionals.
What you will do:
- Design, monitor, implement, and provide interpretation and governance of the Total Rewards Philosophy
- Lead the development of total rewards programs that attract, motivate and retain top talent and aligned with HOOPP’s strategic plan
- Monitor and maintain the compensation framework to ensure competitive positioning, internal equity, cost management and legal compliance across geographies
- Oversee the annual year-end compensation process providing guidance across divisions for administering and communicating the annual review which includes annual salary reviews, AIP calculation and LTIP grants and payments
- Administer all aspect of HOOPP’s executive compensation programs
- Provide oversight and have direct involvement in the preparation of compensation-related Board and Committee materials, including making recommendations on the re-design of compensation framework including target setting, benchmarking & scorecard monitoring
- Track all performance scorecard metrics including at the corporate and divisional levels ensuring alignment with our compensation philosophy.
- Review and make recommendations related to promotions to all positions at the director level and above, including compensation recommendations
- Be consulted and provide advice related to changes in benefit, and wellness programs, that have a material budgetary impact
- Oversee and provide direction on the development of the merit and incentive compensation budget for the organization and for the total rewards team
- Remain current with changes and advancements reward programs, and establish and maintain professional relationships with business leaders, compensation and benefit consultants and other service providers as required
- Work closely with the SVP-HR and the HR senior leadership team on strategic and conceptual issues by providing design options, analysis, recommendations, and implementation assistance
- Stay abreast of statutory and regulatory requirements in all jurisdictions, and approve policies and procedures as it relates to total rewards offerings while adhering to provincial / legislative standards of the region(s) HOOPP operates in
- Provide oversight and guidance to key business projects ensuring appropriate business process documentation and design. Lead and / or participate in Human Resources and HOOPP-wide projects, as required
- Provides leadership in preparation of all board level analysis and reporting relating to HOOPP’s total rewards strategy and programs ensuring exceptional data accuracy and integrity.
- Establish and maintain relationships with board compensation consultant
- Review and approve all compensation-related materials for Board and Committee reporting
- Oversee and coordinate language enhancements of incentive plan texts, as required
- Active participant in Committee and/or Board meetings, as required
- Create a culture which values trust and provides the opportunity for Employee development and growth in pursuit of our purpose and demonstrating HOOPP’s core values
- Foster and develop a strong, positive team environment, driving empowerment, innovation, and a high level of engagement
- Lead by example and with curiosity and deploy learning best practices, keeping the organization moving forward with the most current and appropriate methodologies, and ensuring the requisite skills reside in the learning team
- Develop career paths that provide professional growth and opportunities for development to team members
- Coach team members to achieve objectives and career development goals, and ensure feedback is provided in a timely and constructive manner.
- Exhibit an ability to listen, negotiate and communicate goals; share knowledge, experience, and responsibility with the team to achieve the highest standards of professionalism
- Instill a service mindset in team members when working with all business partners and stakeholders
- Ensure the performance management process is in place and employee development is a priority for all employees on the team and regularly schedule one-on-one coaching with direct reports
- Manage staffing requirements and departmental workloads
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent combination or education and/or work experience.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of progressive HR experience with leading the total rewards function.
- CFA or Finance degree preferred and would also consider Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) with extensive experience in an investment management setting.
- Self-driven Leadership and team building skills with 5-7 years of leadership experience
- Direct leadership experience in providing consultation and supporting materials to Board of Directors and related sub committees
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies, and compensation plans
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to changing environment
- Proven experience in supporting compensation programs at a global scale
- Achiever with ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues
- Demonstrated value for diversity, excellence, and integrity in all that is done
- CHRL Designation, is an asset
- Ability to establish strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead the team
Apply online at HOOPP