Come and join our team, but first, let us tell you why we love working here!
- We’re 100% Canadian, 11 locations across the Country
- Our long-standing success in providing outsourcing services to Canada's major chartered banks has provided the foundation for expansion into servicing major companies in the retail and telecommunications sector.
- Want to hear something impressive? We’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, 7 years in a row!
- We get to work on some pretty cool stuff that drives professional development
- We’re part of a winning, high-performance team
- We get to make a difference. Everyone gets one paid volunteer day per year
This is a great opportunity to build your professional experience as a key support to Symcor’s culture transformation, Information Technology transformation and growth.
You will assist in developing, implementing and monitoring the design, compliance, on-going maintenance and administration of competitive compensation programs that align with the organization’s cultural values and business strategy.
What you will do:
- Provide senior level analysis and expertise for compensation programs
- Conduct market competitive compensation trend analysis, identify potential gaps and recommend new compensation programs or changes to current programs to maintain market competitiveness
- Developing and documenting compensation related policies and procedures, as well as compensation training materials for HR and all levels of management
- Coordinating the annual salary review/merit cycle and incentive process
- Support the compensation program delivery through annual compensation reviews, implementation of new systems and tools, as well as maintenance of required records/reporting
- Assist in the preparation of the annual report to the Board of Directors confirming the annual compensation strategy
- Complete assessment and recommendations to ensure compensation plans are compliant with legislative requirements (i.e., pay equity)
- Conducting job evaluations for new and revised positions
- Counsel HR business partners, Executives and managers to understand and successfully communicate and deliver our compensation programs
What you need to have to succeed:
- Support, analyze and provide solutions to mitigate compensation gaps as required for merger and acquisitions
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Human Resources, Business Administration, or in related field and/equivalent work experience
- Related designation (CHRP,CCP, GRP) an asset
- Minimum 5+ years’ work experience in compensation
- Ability to analyze complex data and prepare quantitative and qualitative reports
- Proven experience in the delivery of various compensation programs (base pay, short and longterm variable pay, Sales commission based compensation and perquisite/bonus compensation)
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion, sound judgment
- Knowledge of legislative requirements, both federally and provincially
- Hands-on experience with HRIS Systems (preferably Dayforce)
- Strong MS Office Suite skills; advanced skills in MS Excel are required
- Experience with Hay Job Evaluation is preferred
What’s in it for you!
At Symcor, we define our success by what we help others achieve. We were created to support our clients and, through our products, services and solutions, protect and strengthen their brands. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Work-Life Balance
- Hybrid work environment
Prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, in accordance with Symcor’s Vaccination Policy (Policy) you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to request and be granted an exemption to the Policy by Symcor as cannot be vaccinated for bona fide Canadian Human Right Act protected grounds.
Apply online at Symcor