Why Join Us?
At OMERS and Oxford, our HR team is on an exciting transformation journey, enabled by a refreshed people strategy, operating model, and leading technology (Workday). We strive to be best-in-class and recognized for delivering innovative and impactful people solutions to our 3,000 employees and people leaders.
Reporting to the Director, Global Compensation, the Associate, Compensation Advisory is responsible for providing clear, data-driven and strategic compensation advice. This role is also responsible for the delivery of compensation processes / programs including development and maintenance of tools and templates, participating in market intelligence activities and compensation modeling. They will also be responsible for supporting the creation of plan documents, compensation policy design, board reporting, as well as senior executive compensation plan review and the annual compensation cycle.
- Partner with People Experience Advisory and Support, COEs, and HRBPs to provide clear, data-driven, strategic compensation advice
- Support the delivery of annual compensation activities for our business units, including the merit increase cycle and analyses on market adjustments
- Research external trends and industry benchmarks and proactively identify market pressures on key skills
- Work across HR functions to develop and maintain best-in-class compensation tools and templates to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and streamlining of compensation processes
- Compile and analyze compensation data and metrics within Workday as required to build and deliver compensation reports
- Participate in market intelligence activities (surveys, benchmarking, quarterly peer round tables) on a global basis, and compensation modeling for a variety of strategic needs involving all employee life-cycle events
- Participate in the development of compensation reports and recommendations for Human Resources Committee review and approval. Committee agenda items include Board education sessions, business performance metrics review, plan design and implementation, compensation forecasting and other governance reports.
- Accountable for the market intelligence process for the Senior Executive Team including contributing to surveys, monitoring and analyzing trends, proxy analysis and creating reports.
- Seek opportunities to drive enhanced awareness of compensation plans through education, communication and execution of compensation plan changes, including year-end activities
- Monitor HR customer feedback and raise continuous improvement opportunities to Total Rewards and People Experience leadership, HRBPs, and COEs through appropriate governance channels
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Finance & Accounting, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of compensation experience and expertise
- Workday HCM functional experience considered a strong asset
- Strong analytical skillset and financial acumen, and detail-oriented execution of routine and complex processes and relevant process intersection points
- Proactive focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent project management, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across different groups in the organization and different levels of leadership
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
Apply online at Omers