Reporting to the Senior Manager, Compensation and Recognition, the Compensation Manager is responsible for participating in the design and development of compensation initiatives that advance Walmart. The role is also accountable for operationalizing and administering compensation plans, benchmarking and processes that align to their assigned business groups. The incumbent would also provide subject matter expertise and complete research to evaluate and monitor the market competitiveness and alignment to strategy of compensation programs and policies in support of driving the associate experience. Responsibilities also include composing relevant communication materials and presentation of deliverables to business leadership.
What you'll do
- Partners with client groups and HR Business Partners to obtain in-depth understanding of the business to design appropriate compensation initiatives to support requirements and ensures that current compensation programs are aligned with their business strategies and goals.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation programs to ensure they are market competitive. Provides strategic insights, market data, analytics, and macro trends to shape ideas and develops recommendations for senior leadership review and approval
- Participate and lead where appropriate, in the Comp design and benchmarking for designated business groups.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis of existing and proposed compensation programs through “what-if” scenarios and development of costing models. Works with leadership to ensure pay-related programs reflect the growth of the business and the competitive market within which it operates for talent.
- Responsible for providing market insights and subject matter expertise in the design and evolution of all pay components, programs, policies, and practices
- Contributes to a variety of projects to support business initiatives including the annual merit review process.
- Develop and facilitate communication for designated business groups
- Conduct and maintain Job Architecture for designated business groups
- Manage the Rewards and Recognition program and vendor(s)
- Keeps abreast of compensation trends and practices in the retail industry and Canadian marketplace
- Participate and represent Walmart in external network forums and industry events as required
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- CCP designation preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and other MS Office applications
- Bilingualism English/French is an asset
- Can introduce process improvements and simplification to enhance team performance
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy with numeric details, excellent problem solving, analytical and research skills to gather information
- Experience with Executive and sales compensation design is an asset
Apply online at Walmart Canada