Contributes to the overall success of Total Rewards by designing and implementing effective and efficient compensation solutions and providing advice and solutions on compensation design, governance and market intelligence for Global Banking and Markets. The role ensures business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads the market intelligence process to ensure the development and delivery of competitive programs that support business goals, are cost effective, align to the Bank’s Global Total Rewards Principles and meet legal and other compliance requirements.
- Works closely with leaders and key stakeholders to understand challenges and trends
- Ensures programs are competitive with the market and differentiated as appropriate
- Develops and reviews Excel models, quantitative analysis, forecasting, scenario testing for regulatory and management reporting.
- Provides guidance to leaders and Human Resources business partners, and other key internal stakeholders on compensation issues, as appropriate.
- Develops and reviews appropriate compensation packages in support of recruitment and/or executive appointments
- Provides guidance on acquisition due diligence reviews and integrations
- Develops and maintains an external and internal network and awareness of market and industry trends with respect to both Canadian and International compensation matters.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- University degree and at least 5-7 years’ experience in compensation, preferably in a large, global corporate environment
- Advanced Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, match/index, nested ifs, etc.), Word and Powerpoint
- Highly logical, detail-oriented, analytical and strong mathematical aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of compensation and human resources policies, practices and standards
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects/changing priorities concurrently under tight timelines and with multiple stakeholders
- Works independently and delivers on end-to-end processes with minimal guidance
- Requires interaction with an increasingly broad range of stakeholders (senior leaders and Human Resources business partners, and other key internal stakeholders) to influence results and lead implementation of compensation programs
- Well-developed communication skills - oral and written, including the ability to articulate complex topics in a simple and straightforward manner
Apply online at: Scotiabank