Contributes to the overall success of Total Rewards by supporting the development and delivery of Compensation programs and policies while ensuring compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Supports the Compensation teams by:
- Completing market compensation surveys, conducting analysis of market data and preparing results for distribution to the business and/or HR Business Partners
- Conducts in-depth quantitative analysis and qualitative analysis on existing and proposed compensation programs including:
- Analyzing the Bank’s competitive position and outcomes of compensation program implementation and/or changes
- Identifying trends, summarizing findings; drafting recommendations to ensure programs are internally equitable and market competitive
- Developing and analyzing costing modelling scenarios
- Providing analytical support in the design and implementation of Compensation programs
- Participate in all aspects of the year-end compensation cycle including performing various data analytics, and investigating and resolving Global Compensation Planner (GCP) data issues
- Assist in the preparation of incentive budget accruals on a quarter basis
- Provide support in the preparation of compensation recommendations and offers letters.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education & Experience Required
- Undergraduate University degree with 3 years’ experience in compensation, finance or other highly analytical position
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills
- Experience in survey preparation and analysis
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation an asset.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations pertaining to compensation and knowledge of Bank policies and operations an asset.
- Banking or Financial Services experience an asset.
Apply online at Scotiabank