Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Compensation Advisor on our National Compensation team.
Please note: This role can be based out of one of our main offices including: Stellarton, NS; Mississauga, ON; Montreal, QC; or Calgary, AB.
As a Compensation Advisor with Sobeys you will:
- Work independently to provide advanced analysis on compensation programs.
- Participate in the design, administration and communication of the corporate incentive programs.
- Liaise with various key stakeholders across the organization and ensure the accuracy of compensation data in HR systems is maintained.
- Responsible for administering various variable pay programs including but not limited to calculating incentive awards and required accruals, providing moderate to complex cost modelling on various plans, auditing and analysis of compensation data in various HR systems (i.e. SAP HR and Success Factors Employee Central)
- Responsible to ensure appropriate internal controls for variable pay programs are in place and adhered to
- Responsible for the continued improvement, integration of technology and process improvement opportunities with respect to variable pay program processes
- Responsible for designing and developing program materials and education programs aimed at delivering exceptional communication and understanding of various variable pay programs
- Responsible for creating, documenting and supporting processes related to the administration and execution of variable pay programs
- Required to maintain strong cross-functional relationships with HR Systems, Communications, Payroll Operations and HR Business Partners for the implementation and delivery of variable pay programs
- Required to build strong relationships with all stakeholders to establish trust and credibility; ensuring stakeholders interests are taken into consideration in the design of variable pay programs as well as the development of communication materials
- Responsible for preparing reports for senior leadership including but not limited to the Executive Committee and Human Resources Committee
- Assist in administration of various executive compensation programs including Long Term Incentives and Board of Directors Compensation, inclusive of but not limited to maintaining the web-based equity management system
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience with compensation programs and practices
- CHRP, CCP or other compensation/HR certifications or in pursuit preferred
- Grocery Retail or Retail experience preferred
- Knowledge of incentive compensation arrangements including variable pay programs, short-term incentive plans and long-term incentive plans
- Knowledge of variable pay administration systems (i.e. Variable Pay module in Success Factors, etc.)
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Benefits of Working at Sobeys
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Apply online at Sobeys