ABC Technologies Inc. is a world leader in vertically integrated plastic processing, supporting a global organization with locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. ABC Technologies’ core business as an Automotive Tier 1 supplier is in the Design, Development and Production of plastic automotive systems and components for OEMs worldwide.
ABC Technologies has an immediate opening at its Toronto headquarters for a Total Rewards Specialist. The Total Rewards Specialist will serve as the point of contact for HR on the Canadian and US Benefits and Retirement programs and will manage the relationships with external vendors and consultants on the design, strategy and continual execution of these programs. The Total Rewards Specialist will develop and execute on the communications plans for all pension and benefit related initiatives. The Total Rewards Specialist will also be responsible for supporting compensation initiatives as required and will play a leading role in process improvement, data validation and documentation of all US and CA Benefits and Retirement programs. Also, to contribute to a co-operative work environment where fairness, equity and non-discriminatory practices are the standard. This is a 14-month contract.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Serves as the primary HR point of contact for Employee Benefits and Retirement Programs in both the US and Canada.
- Manages the relationships with external consultants on Benefits and Retirement Program design, development, and the implementation of new offerings.
- Manages the relationship with CA & US Benefits and Retirement providers.
- Administers CA & US Benefits and Retirement programs, works with external vendors to provide all employee data required and validates process and data with internal teams (HCM/Payroll/Finance/Etc.)
- Manages US&CA Benefits/Retirement compliance related requests/filings from internal and external parties. Ensures timeliness and accuracy of information required.
- Responds to inquiries regarding benefit/pension questions including updates to confidential personal information.
- Designs and develops communications for different levels of stakeholders in the organization (Hourly/Salaried/Management/HR).
- Provide training and support to HR Share Service team in the areas of employee benefits and retirement administration in US and CA.
- Supports on Compensation initiatives as directed by the Sr Manager, Total Rewards.
- Recommends, develops, and executes communication plans and solutions based on an understanding of the TR strategy.
- Creates and maintain Total Rewards communication documents, including leveraging the MS Office Suite of programs, SharePoint, Posters, Email and other systems/tools to be determined.
- Works with HCM team to streamline the process flow between the benefits vendors and internal HRIS system.
- Supports continuous process improvements and new benefits initiatives.
- Assists in ad-hoc projects/initiatives as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, Communications, HR or related field required.
- 3+ years’ experience in pension and benefits role; preferably with exposure to US plans.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, PPT, Excel, etc.)
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task and adapt to change in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills.
- Experience designing employee communications is an asset.
- Experience working in compensation/ compensation projects is an asset.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th of January 2022. ABC Technologies Inc. would like to thank all applicants. However only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ABC Technologies Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.