The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has one (1) exciting indeterminate opportunity within the Corporate Services branch at CATSA Headquarters.
This position represents an opportunity for career-driven individuals seeking a position within an organization that inspires growth and promotes excellence to make a difference and contribute to CATSA’s unique culture as it strives to excel in air transport security.
Why is CATSA a great fit for you?
CATSA is world leader in aviation security and screening with a mandate to protect the public. A Crown corporation, it features a mix of public service and private sector diverse backgrounds in which is reflective of the varied background of its employees. CATSA encourages innovation and creativity and offers a healthly and diverse workplace where employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves and feel energized and proud.
If you are a motivated professional seeking a position within a multifunctional and collaborative environment and you are looking for the next great adventure, CATSA is the place for you!
Summary of responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources , the Senior Advisor, Total Rewards is responsible for providing expertise to management and employees in the areas of pension, benefits, pay equity, recognition rewards and Human Resources systems governance The incumbent is also responsible for administering, communicating the development, implementation, and monitoring of current policies, processes, delivery of annual reports, educational sessions for programs related to pay equity pension, benefits and recognition rewards. The Senior Advisor, Total Rewards performs all other duties and responsibilities related to the position as required.
What you need to succeed
To qualify for the position, you must have:
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a specialization in human resources, business administration, law, or some other specialty relevant to the duties of the position;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible total compensation such as pension, pay equity and recognition rewards;
- Experience researching and compiling industry wage and benefit surveys (e.g. medical, dental, pension);
- In-depth knowledge of compensation laws, employment legislation and pension and benefits allocation decisions which could impact the organization;
- Knowledge of and experience with, compensation principles and concepts, compensation analysis and consulting including compensation plan structure design and implementation;;
- Advance ability in MS Excel and general level in other MS suite applications;
- Knowledge of various HRIS, Business Intelligence (BI) tools and dayforce.
This position is best suited to individuals with the following skills and abilities:
- Strong client service orientation;
- Strong collaborator with a passion to support the success and development of all HR team members and themselves;
- Ability to understand clients’ needs and influence, persuade and liaise effectively;
- Ability to multi-task and identify priorities; strong organizational skills;
- Ability to analyze ambiguous situations and provide creative solutions;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Diplomacy, tact and discretion;
- Adaptability and flexibility.
Valuable skills include:
- Knowledge of CATSA's mandate and priorities, as well as an awareness of relevant legislation impacting CATSA;
- Experience providing pension and benefit administration in a public or para-public environment;
- Willingness to learn about DB and DC plans;
- Strong financial and business acumen coupled with strong analytical, process and detailed oriented;
- Designation as a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist or Certified Compensation Professional;
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
Specific work requirements
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Ability to travel as required;
- Language Profile: Bilingual (BBBB);
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please click on the following link to submit your application:
- Please note that candidates that meet all the position requirements, including the language profile, will be given first consideration however, we invite all interested candidates to submit their applications;
- While we appreciate all the candidates’ interest, only those being considered in the process will be contacted;
- CATSA will use this opportunity to establish a candidate pool that may be used to staff permanent or fixed-term positions with similar responsibilities and qualifications;
CATSA is dedicated to an inclusive selection process and work environment. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources representative when you are invited to meet with us regarding this employment opportunity.