About the Team:
AGF’s Human Resources Department is comprised of a team of professionals that provide a full suite of human resources services from a strategic and operations perspective. To be successful the team focuses on meeting the current and future needs of the business and demonstrates both thought leadership and a disciplined practical approach to the human resources practices required at AGF to enable our success. We ultimately have the accountability and responsibility to deliver and retain the talent that the business needs in order to effectively realize its’ strategies. To achieve our goals, we build trusted relationships and collaborate with business leaders to understand and help shape the current and future human resource needs of our businesses; work to increase leadership capability and deepen employee engagement across all AGF’s businesses.
About the role:
The Manager, Total Rewards plays a critical role in supporting the research, development, implementation and delivery of compensation and benefits programs and initiatives that align with AGF’s total rewards strategy. You will be involved in all aspect of total rewards, including broad based and executive compensation, short and long-term incentives, sales compensation and benefits, and ensuring programs are effective for the attraction and retention of talent and drive high performance, and align with AGF’s business strategy.
- Support the review of AGF compensation practices and programs to ensure alignment with AGF’s strategic priorities, market best practices, and legislative requirements
- Compile, organize and analyze market position and internal peer data on compensation, and present information/findings to HR partners and/or leaders
- Provide consultation and to HR Business Partners and managers on compensation matters to support their ability to impact business decisions and drive results
- Complete all plan design modelling and testing including back-test, stress test etc.
- Support all aspects of the annual compensation review process
- Lead the annual and ad-hoc participation of compensation benchmarking surveys under the direction of the Director, Total Rewards
- Support the development and maintenance of AGF’s job levelling framework
- Support the development and maintenance of compensation plan documentations
- Build consultative and collaborative relationships with HR Business Partners, operational leaders and team members on total rewards initiatives
- Prepare executive compensation analysis and compile data for the CD&A of proxy circular
- Participate in the transformation of compensation related data, processes and analytics into Workday
- Develop and maintain external/internal network and awareness of market/industry trends with respect to compensation
- University degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources or a related discipline. CCP designation considered an asset
- 4 to 6 years of progressive compensation experience, including preparing compensation recommendations and presentations based on market analysis, salary structure development or maintenance, job levelling/evaluation, and consulting to HR Business Partners
- Experience with ShareWorks (Solium) considered an asset
- Experience with Workday considered an asset
- Experience with CD&A disclosure and long-term incentives administration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, with the ability to break down complex problems and simplify for communication (verbal including strong presentation skills as well as written) and make recommendations based on interpretation of analysis
- Financial acumen and ability to synthesize data and present recommendations
- Critical thinker who can connect the big picture to impact change
- Customer focused team player with ability to collaborate with the broader HR teams
- High degree of proactivity and demonstrated ability to make things happen, with ability to prioritize conflicting priorities and competing deadlines
- Working knowledge of job levelling frameworks or job evaluation methodologies
- Strong MS Office skills, including advanced level in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
Please apply online at AGF
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
AGF is an equal opportunity employer. AGF welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process. It is the Company's policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. AGF does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable legislation.