Do you want to be part of a team helping to strengthen every community across Ontario? Are you interested in seeing the importance of your work firsthand?
Become a Compensation and Benefits Specialist with MPAC
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario. What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day. Learn more >
Here’s what you will do as part of the team:
Participate in the delivery, research, design, implementation, administration and support of compensation, benefits, and employee programs such as but not limited to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), Onboarding, Employee Recognition, Pension Plan, Wellness and Corporate Discount Program;
- Coordinate and administer the annual compensation review and variable pay programs for management excluded positions;
- Lead the development and implementation of job description and job evaluation processes and programs, including: conducting job evaluation on new and existing jobs; developing and maintaining job descriptions, and communicating outcomes of job evaluations to stakeholders;
- Provide key advice and recommendations on matters relating to organizational design, job evaluation, job design and/or pay equity;
- Respond to benefits, compensation, pension and employee program enquiries, identify trends and develop recommendations to address service, claims, policy or process issues;
- Review and analyze current compensation & benefit programs and processes and make recommendations for program/process improvements;
- Collect, analyze and report on pay, benefits and employee programs data; and conduct market research to prepare reports/charts/graphs to clearly outline analysis findings;
- Manage cross functional projects, working with multiple stakeholders;
- Review and respond to legislative changes that have an impact on company total compensation, benefits and employee program policies and practices, staying ahead of trends, issues, and changes in legislation, industry developments, government policy and regulations;
- Support the Request for Proposal (RFP) process by drafting RFP’s/RFQ’s related to compensation and benefits and employee programs and participate in the evaluation and selection of vendors.
Here’s what you will need to succeed:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field;
- At least 5 years of Human Resources or Total Rewards experience, preferably in a unionized organization;
- Good knowledge of Canadian employment laws and practices;
- Knowledge and experience using the Hay Job Evaluation methodology;
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills and ability to multi-task on concurrent projects with competing priorities;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications to analyze, manipulate and present/illustrate information/data;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); and Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
Nice to have:
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP/CHRL) designation, or working towards one.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Great corporate culture
- Flexible work
- Opportunity for growth
- Strong focus on learning, professional accreditation and mentorship
- Leading edge technology
Full time MPAC employees also enjoy: competitive benefits package, defined benefits pension plan, three weeks’ vacation to start, parental leave top-up and more.
Posting number: MPAC-284-21
Number of positions: 1
Location: Head Office, Pickering
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Employment type: Temporary Assignment up to 24 Months
Branch: Human Resources
Department: Governance and Strategy
Position level and salary: (PG F) $75,632 - $94,539
Area of Search: Open
Ready to apply?
Click on this link, followed by the ‘Apply Online’ icon, create your candidate profile and upload your resume and cover letter by October 15, 2021. Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background verification with Mintz Global Screening. By applying to this job posting, you are providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.
MPAC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflect the diversity of the public and communities we serve.
Persons with disability who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be posted in both English and French on our website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are only posted in English on the English version of our website.
MPAC on LinkedIn
MPAC on Twitter
MPAC on YouTube