Greater Toronto / London/ Winnipeg/ Montreal
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Compensation Consultant:
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Winnipeg, London, Toronto, or Montreal.
As a Compensation Consultant, you will be responsible for conducting research and analysis, as well as supporting the development of recommendations for various compensation programs and initiatives. The Compensation team is accountable for ensuring internal equity, market competitiveness and aligning pay with performance throughout the organization. This role will support new & ongoing compensation programs & initiatives to support programs such as job evaluation, survey management & market analysis, compensation analytics & governance on compensation data.
What you will do
• Conduct analysis for significant organization wide compensation initiatives, in line with HR & business strategies, that may include:
• In addition to initiative focused work, you will support the broad-based Compensation team as required as required through compensation analysis including:
o Conducting job evaluation analyses and provide advice and guidance to HR and business clients in line with the Company’s job architecture framework to ensure internal equity
o Compile, organize and analyze market position and internal peer data on compensation, and present information/findings to HR partners and/or leaders
o Prepare ad-hoc projects, audits, reports, survey management & other compensation related requests.
o Participate in other initiatives as required in support of the HR strategies and priorities
What you will bring
• You have at least 2 years of experience in an analytical role in a related field, including Compensation, HR, or analysis focused roles like actuarial.
• You have completed a related post secondary degree in a business or related field such as HR, Management Information Systems or Actuarial major.
• You have strong analytical and quantitative skills, you enjoy working in tables to be able to organize and develop reports & models that are able to make sense of the data and tell the story.
• Advanced skills in Excel – examples would be using nested-if statements, VLOOKUP’s, index/match and pivot tables
• Advanced skills in PowerPoint – you’re comfortable putting together presentations to present an idea, change or recommendation.
• Strong internal consulting skills, with the ability to build relationships at various levels of the organization to facilitate and influence change
• Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and deadlines
• Good business insight and ability to interact with technical disciplines
• High level of customer service and great organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced office environment
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and consistently exhibit excellent attention to detail
• Proven teamwork and collaboration skill
Be your best at Canada Life - Apply today: https://bit.ly/3iecmUg
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted