Responsible for supporting Compensation, Benefits, Retirement and Disability Management related activities. The Total Rewards Coordinator will process and manage benefits related activities, including but not limited to enrolment and termination, benefits while on leave of absence, verifying validity of claims process, maintaining benefits related records and handling employee requests. This role will also be responsible for supporting various compensation related activities, such as job evaluations, annual survey submission and ad hoc activities as required. Performs routine clerical duties and assists the Director in completing project work, including the inventory of pension files, pension file clean-up, mass producing memoranda, managing inventory of forms and related information during Open Enrolment, and new plan design launch. Reconciles employee payments against benefits and pension plan. Communicates with Benefits and Retirement Analyst regarding exceptional requests to determine processing requirements as well as with plan participants regarding annual processes or any additional documentation/information required.
- Provide support for compensation, benefits and retirement program implementations and rollouts.
- Support the implementation and administration of Total Rewards initiatives across the organization.
- Maintain benefits plan in accordance with related processes to ensure employee benefits are in place, including enrolling new hires in the plan, and making changes to benefits as requested.
- Assist in Pension administration in maintaining the retirement and savings plans (DC, DB, RRSP and TFSA) by providing support to carry out various retirement and savings related processes.
- Coordinate and reconcile payroll data prior to and after processing to adjust next payroll cycle to ensure payment amounts are accurate and paid in full.
- Manage or support compensation related activities, including documentation, job evaluation review, annual salary survey support and year-end planning activities.
- Assist in compiling benchmark trends related to compensation and benefits.
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management, Health Science, Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to use and manipulate Microsoft Office Software and Lotus Notes.
- Symcor compensation, benefits and retirement plan and related policies and procedures.
- Other groups with their department.
- Insurance Carrier and who to contact.
- Pension Plan Outsource Team and who to contact.
- Internal and external interactions involve communication with employees, mailing team, Total Rewards and HR Technology team, Payroll and Corporate Applications team. Communication involves sharing information and explaining situations.
- External interactions involve communicating with the insurance carrier and pension plan outsource team. This involves exchanging information and explaining situations.
- Director, Total Rewards & HR Technology
- Physical Effort: Minimal
- Environmental/Hazards: Minimal
- Sensory Attention: Moderate
- Mental Stress: Moderate
Please apply online at Symcor