Reporting to the Compensation Manager, the incumbent provides strategic, tactical and analytical expertise and recommendations related to Lafarge’s compensation programs. The Compensation Analyst You will support Human Resources by analyzing business needs to help identify gaps and propose appropriate solutions
- Provide the analytic engine for end-to-end administration of base and variable pay by preparing cost models, contributing to compensation budget development and spend tracking,
- Conduct job evaluations and compensation analyses in a timely manner to support ongoing talent acquisition, organizational design, and workforce planning needs
- Proactively consult with HR Business Partners on job evaluation requests and compensation analyses (new hires, promotions, etc.)
- Participate in market intelligence activities including survey submissions and market-competitiveness analyses
- Assist in developing solutions for business problems by conducting business case analysis, researching and documenting business processes and cost/benefit analysis. Prepare clear, concise reports and/or presentations outlining findings and recommendations.
- Identify and implement process improvements using best-in-class approach to mitigate errors and increase efficiencies
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve, automate, and streamline processes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Evaluate internal equity of compensation and total rewards programs to drive a high-performing culture - Analyze and make recommendations using internal and external data, including industry trends, best practices, tax, and legislative requirements
- Prepare and deliver program communications and training for HR partners and business clients as applicable in both official languages
- Build compensation metrics, reports, and tools to support compensation program decisions, forecast costs and trends, and analyze the effectiveness of the compensation program.
- Ensure internal market database is updated annually with benchmark data and ensures job matches remain relevant.
- Ensures the organization’s compensation programs adhere to regulatory requirements by participating in annual pay equity reviews.
- Participate in projects related to program design, implementation, and administration
- Respond to management requests for ad hoc analyses
- Lead the annual Service Awards program.
- Act as the expert and central administrator for shared departmental drive and associated external vendor systems.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve processes and policies related to Compensation.
- Ensures awareness of compensation related legislation changes.
- University Degree/College Diploma with a concentration in analytical fields such as finance, accounting, business administration, psychology, or economics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources with at least 3 years of experience in compensation
- 3-5 years leading large scale, cross-functional projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent project management, organizational, and follow-up skills necessary to prioritize and complete multiple projects and tasks and effectively meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems (SAP/ Success Factors preferred) and database query and reporting
- Meticulous attention to detail with an appreciation of complexity and risk
- Natural problem solver with a passion for creating simple solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment which requires multi-tasking
- Verbal, written, and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Team player with the ability to interact and build relationships
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal direction
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google tools
Please apply online at LAFARGE