About Our Client:
Our client is a financial technology leader.
Reporting to the CHRO, the VP, Total Rewards is accountable for the development of a comprehensive total rewards strategy that aligns employee rewards with results that support the company’s business objectives. The total rewards programs include: Compensation (executive, broad-base, sales), Benefits, Pension, Rewards & Recognition, Wellness, Disability and Payroll. The total rewards strategy and programs will enable the company to attract, reward, and retain top talent. The VP, Total Rewards is also responsible for leading the HR Technology and Data Insights function ensuring platforms and analytics continue to meet the needs of employees and support executive decision-making. This role serves as part of the company’s HR leadership team.
- Support the design, implementation and continual evolution of the company’s Total Rewards strategy and programming so it aligns to current and future business strategy and drives employee performance
- Lead the design, administration, budgeting, communication, compliance and governance of all total rewards programs, ensuring effectiveness and alignment with the Total Rewards strategy.
- Lead and develop communication initiatives to increase awareness and understanding of Total Rewards to all stakeholders in an omni-channel manner
- Provide expertise and leadership in the design of market competitive compensation programs including: executive, broad-base, sales, short and long term incentive programs
- Identify new and creative approaches to total rewards as market conditions evolve
- Support the CHRO in fulfilling their mandate to support the HR Committee of the Board/Board of Directors including preparing requisite materials both throughout its annual cycle of meetings or as otherwise required from time to time
- Maintain program competitiveness with the external market, including competition, while also supporting internal equity
- Develop strong relationships with total rewards vendors to ensure service standards and service level agreements are met. Negotiate renewals with vendors as required
- Prepare and present materials for the pension committee meetings
- Lead and develop a team of compensation, benefits, HRIS, payroll, and wellness professionals to ensure continued delivery of HR deliverables to the business.
- Contribute to the success of the broader HR team by constructively participating as a member of the HR leadership team, supporting the CHRO and working collaboratively with peers
- Provide counsel to HR Business Partners, Line Managers, and Talent Acquisition regarding compensation issues, including job architecture, job evaluation, job bands, grade levels, job descriptions, promotions and transfers etc.
- Support M&A activities as they relate to benefits and compensation
- Create a strong culture of recognition through the design of reward and recognition programs
- Oversee all HR technology to ensure configuration meets the needs of respective users and stakeholders as well as evaluate benefits of new applications and make recommendations for system changes/enhancements
- Oversee implementation of new HR technologies or enhancements to existing technologies
- In collaboration with the HR Leadership team, design the overall data insights strategy that supports short and long-term leader decision-making
- Thinking Strategically – ability to create Total Rewards/HR Technology strategy relevant to the business
- Learning Agility – shapes an organization that supports personal development
- Making Decisions – is able to assess and make effective and appropriate decisions in a time-efficient manner
- Influencing with Impact – can work with leaders across the business, able to build effective partnerships while breaking down barriers/mitigating conflict.
- Driving Performance and Change Execution – drives for results, accountability, and effectively manages change
- Optimizing Diverse Talent - shapes an organizational culture that supports personal development.
- Executive Presence – speaks confidently and knowledgeably to senior leaders with credibility
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with HR Technology (experience with Workday considered a strong asset) understands the technical implications of business processes
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, verbal), French considered an asset
- Strong business acumen
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communicator - can communicate difficult concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Excellent problem solving
- Analytical and research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Experience presenting to executives on all total rewards matters is required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Commerce or related field. MBA is an asset
- CCP or CEBS designation would be considered strong assets - equivalent work experience may be considered a substitution
- 12+ years of experience in compensation/ benefits/ total rewards
- 5+ years of leadership/ people management experience
- 2+ years of strategic leadership management experience
- Previous experience in the payment industry considered an asset
- Experience with Job Architecture considered an asset
To apply, please send a resume to Allison Dwyer at Dwyer@summitsearchgroup.com.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.