Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Cineplex | Cineplex Digital Media | Cineplex Media | Cineplex Store | Player One Amusement Group | Playdium | The Rec Room | SCENE
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Reporting to the Vice President, Total Rewards, the Manager, Total Rewards is responsible for leading the execution and analysis of TR (Total Rewards) programs that support the attraction, motivation, and retention of our team while considering internal equity and external competitiveness. The individual’s focus will be:
- Compensation Design
- Job Evaluation
- Annual year-end program management
- Benefits and Retirement Program Support
- Special Projects
- Recognition and Service Programs
- Executive Compensation and Sales Compensation Support
- US benefits and 401K administration
- Acts as the total rewards lead for the assigned business unit.
- Leads the annual compensation cycles for Canada and the US, including the salary review process, participation in external surveys and the management of incentive compensation programs. .
- Analyzes, prepares and communicates total reward recommendations to key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Manages the job evaluation process to ensure internal equity and compliance with employment standards.
- Provides coaching and direction to business clients and HRBPs on high priority compensation issues, exceptions and escalations.
- Ensures the development, implementation, communication and monitoring of corporate Compensation and Total Rewards policies. Recommends changes based on business needs, managing internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Supports the Vice-President in the management and development of Executive Compensation programs, including the preparation of information relating to the disclosure of executive compensation in the proxy.
- Works closely with the Vice-President and the Head of Human Resources in analyzing and modelling compensation and pay programs.
- Interacts with senior levels of the Company to provide value-added analysis and administrative management of compensation programs.
- Participates in discussions with senior management regarding initiatives and changes in organizational structures and compensation programs.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with external service providers and consultants and tracks the corresponding budget.
- Assists with the bonus, recognition, and retirement programs in North America.
- College Diploma. University degree in HR, Finance or business will be considered an asset.
- 5-7 years of professional level progressive experience in the delivery of Total Rewards Programs with a focus in compensations and leading programs independently.
- HRIS Knowledge is considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of reward programs and processes. Basic/Intermediate Extensive knowledge of legislative requirements impacting the Rewards function.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills (vlook-up, if, sum-if, time value of money, formulas, macros)
- Strong working knowledge of other Microsoft Office 365 products (Teams, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Data collection and management, measurement, metrics and reporting.
- Strong analytical thinking skills and demonstrated ability to problem solve and formulate recommendations, where appropriate.
- Sound judgement – being disciplined enough to operate in the “grey” when necessary.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Works well independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Is calm in the face of constantly changing environments and tight time constraints.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Interested applicants, please apply online today at CINEPLEX
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please