Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Cineplex | Cineplex Digital Media | Cineplex Media | Cineplex Store | Player One Amusement Group | Playdium | The Rec Room | SCENE
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the Vice President, Total Rewards is responsible for the overall vision, strategy and direction of the Total Rewards Function. They are responsible to research, design and manage a progressive Total Reward programs including compensation programs for Sales and Shared Services, Retirement Programs (RRSP and 401K), health benefits and wellness, recognition, executive long term incentives, and other employee rewards programs. This includes change management, education, effectiveness and the ability to evolve programs as we scale. This role is a people leadership role and an important member of the HR Leadership Team.
- Is responsible for the design, administration, compliance and governance of all compensation programs, including C-Suite, Executive, Sales Bonus plans, shared services variable pay programs, pay framework, and other short term and long term incentive programs, etc.
- Maintains current knowledge of legislation and regulations related to compensation and benefit practices in each jurisdiction.
- Evaluates and revises programs in accordance with organizational business strategy, changes in policy direction, trend analysis, and regulatory environments.
- Provides council to HR business partners by providing thoughtful analysis, research and recommendations in all areas of Total Rewards.
- Develops tools and materials to communicate the company’s total reward philosophy.
- Leads annual salary benchmarking process, including survey selection, analyzing market data, reviewing and providing recommendations for salary adjustments and promotions.
- Lead the annual merit and variable pay process including timelines, tools and pay for performance practices and process.
- Is able to educate and influence leaders and provides coaching on compensation philosophy, structure and the process for establishing team and individual compensation .
- Oversees and prepares all filings and disclosure documents including the annual Management Information Circular.
- Oversees and prepares all Board meeting materials for the Compensation, Nominating and Governance Committee.
- Supports the Head of Human Resources in fulfilling our mandate to support the HR Committee of the Board/Board of Directors including preparing requisite materials.
- Supports M&A activities as they related to benefits and compensation.
- Oversees the short term incentive and long term incentive plan design, communication and administration.
- Assists Head of HR with best practice compensation and benefit programs to remain up to date and competitive.
- Creates and designs sales bonus and other specialized programs and analyzes the effectiveness of bonus programs on incentivizing desired results and behaviours.
RRSP & Benefit Management
- Critically assesses, improves and manages the health benefit, RRSP, 401K, and other employee reward programs including recognition and wellness.
- Ensures accurate billing and payment processing from third parties, timely enrolments for eligible staff and responds to escalated employee inquiries regarding these programs.
- Handles vendor relationships for outsourced benefit programs and works with external providers in evaluating and updating pension and benefit programs, as required.
- Ensures that all benefit and pension practices adhere to various jurisdiction standards and guidelines; staying abreast of legislative and industry changes and trends, and adopting and implementing continuous improvements as needed.
- Identifies cost saving and or/process streamlining opportunities to maximize pension and benefit spending, while aligning programs with employee needs.
- Develops communication materials to support employee understanding.
- 10+ years of experience managing compensation and benefits in a fast-paced environment, including existing experience at the Senior Manager level.
- 5+ years experienced designing Executive Compensation programs.
- 5+ years managing a Total Rewards function including building and leading a team of compensation and benefits professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Commerce or related field preferred.
- CCP or CEBS designation would be considered an asset.
- Change management experience within Total Rewards and HR systems considered an asset.
- Strong experience with market surveys and overall pay administration, including managing annual merit cycles and short term and long term incentive processes.
- Knowledge and experience designing and administering Sales compensation plans.
- Strong understanding of job evaluation principles and methodology including design, implementation and maintenance.
- Strong customer service and collaboarive orientation.
- Experience in business partner HR operating model.
- Excellent knowledge of current HR legislation and Employment Standards.
- Knowledge of laws as they relate to compensation and benefits.
- Strong business acumen to liaise with managers across the organization.
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Able to handle confidential information in an ethical manner.
- Highly attentive to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
- Experience communicating complex compensation and benefit programs, principles, and practices to employees at all levels.
Interested applicants, please apply online today at CINEPLEX
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please