Requisition ID: 105775
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of Total Rewards by supporting the development and delivery of Global Banking and Markets (GBM) and Executive Compensation programs and policies while ensuring compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Supports the GBM and Executive Compensation teams by:
- Completing market compensation surveys, conducting analysis of market data and preparing results for distribution to the business and/or HR Business Partners
- Providing analytical support in the design and implementation of GBM and Executive Compensation programs
- Develop Excel models and conduct in-depth quantitative analysis, costing, forecasting and scenario testing
- Participate in all aspects of the year-end compensation cycle including performing various data analytics, and investigating and resolving Global Compensation Planner (GCP) data issues
- Provide support in the preparation of term sheets and offers letters.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
- Undergraduate University degree with 2 to 3 years’ experience in compensation, finance or other highly analytical position.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience in survey compensation preparation and analysis.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation an asset.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations pertaining to compensation and knowledge of Bank policies and operations an asset.
- Banking or Financial Services experience an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Please apply online at Scotiabank
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.