Overview / Vue d'ensemble
Working closely with the Compensation and Benefits Manager, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the compensation and benefits team. A high degree of customer focus, accuracy, business understanding and time management are required.
Responsibilities / Responsabilités
- Demonstrates a commitment to a safe work environment.
- Understands the safety objectives of the organization and supports these efforts in a visible manner.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Supports Compensation & Benefits Manager with all compensation & benefits processes and administration.
- Supports the processing, administration and analysis of the annual bonus and merit increase program for Canadian employees. This includes preparation, review and delivery of bonus & merit letters, validating employee changes over the year, reconciling bonus and merit files processed by payroll.
- Documents/maintains administrative procedures and policies related to compensation and benefits
- Assists in compiling industry benchmark trends related to compensation and benefits
- Assists in completing benefit and compensation surveys and analyzes survey information to make recommendations
- Analyzes data to provide the business with compensation recommendations
- Responsible for maintenance of market databases, comp structures & salary ranges
- Ensures the organization’s compensation programs adhere to regulatory requirements by participating in annual pay equity reviews.
- Ensures job evaluations are conducted in accordance with the job evaluation tool.
- Provide support for compensation, benefits and retirement program implementations and rollouts
- Supports the organization with the implementation and administration of Total Rewards initiatives across the organization
- Execute and monitor all respective internal controls, ensuring efficient/effective activities that support organization objectives while adhering to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Internally - works closely with HR personnel across Canada, the Hire to Retire team
- Moderate level of interaction with Senior Functional leaders and some interaction with business Line Managers
- Externally – third party vendors representing Lafarge
Qualifications / Compétences
- Degree or certificate in Business, Finance or Human Resources preferred
- Working towards Certified Compensation Professional designation (CCP) or benefit designation, an asset
Experience & Skill Set:
- HR Generalist experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems (SAP / SuccessFactors preferred) and database query and reporting
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other applications
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of provincial and federal laws pertinent to benefit administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-service oriented and an effective team player
- Ability to work in a high volume/fast paced environment
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality required
- Able to handle/maintain confidential information
This position requires the incumbent to sit at the computer for the majority of the time.
- Physical Environment: This position typically operates in an office environment.
- Sensory Attention: This position requires moderate visual/sensory effort
- Mental Stress: There is moderate pressure from various sources
Please apply online at LAFARGE CANADA
LafargeHolcim / Texte standard
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
Apply now www.lafarge.ca/careers.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.