Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Reporting to Jason Faris, the VP, Global Rewards, the Director, Global Rewards will be a trusted advisor to the organization on executive and employee compensation and HRIS technology (Workday). The ideal candidate will have experience leading a diverse team of total rewards professionals through organizational change.
Working closely with business leaders, HR Business Partners and other stakeholders, the Director, Global Rewards will be accountable for developing, implementing and delivering a variety of global rewards initiatives, aligned with Altus Group's business goals and global ambitions. Key accountabilities include:
- Provide expert advice on employee compensation, including base salary, short and long-term incentives, pay equity and sales compensation, ensuring programs attract and retain talent, and drive high performance
- Improve upon our global compensation year-end review (from market benchmarking, to employee communications, to performance assessment, and incentive payouts), identifying opportunities for automation to enhance the manager and employee experience
- Implement and communicate a global job grading framework
- Analyze individual pay proposals, taking into consideration internal comparators, external market data, business objectives, industry and country practices, and ensuring pay decisions support fairness and equity across the organization
- Partner with Finance, Tax, Legal and other internal stakeholders on adhering to financial, legal and regulatory requirements of our programs
- Ensuring our compensation processes are efficient, effective and require minimal additional work
- Involvement with mergers & acquisitions, sales compensation and global mobility initiatives as requested
- Prepare materials for the Human Resources Committee of the Board of Directors
- Lead the preparation of the Compensation Discussion and Analysis portion of the annual Management Information Circular
- Stay on top of emerging trends in executive compensation and infuse best governance practices into Altus Group's compensation programs
- Manage equity compensation programs and administration, providing recommendations for change as required
- Analyze the current Workday offering. Make and implement recommendations for increased levels of system capabilities, manager/employee self-serve and data empowerment
- Encourage deeper integration of Workday with the administration of the company's payroll, benefits and equity administration processes
- Find opportunities for further Workday administration simplification, automation, dashboard reporting and HR analytics/insights
Benefits, Wellness and Pension
- Advance the benefits, wellness and pension offering to employees globally
- Introduce best practices and encourage employees to leverage these programs to improve their health, mental health and financial wellbeing
- Manage the relationships with vendors, bring the best of the technology they offer to Altus on a cost-effective basis
- Make benefits, wellness and pension an integral part of our employee value proposition.
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of diverse total rewards professionals
- Drive best practices, promote knowledge sharing and close collaboration within the HR team to ensure consistent interpretation and administration of total reward programs
- Create and implement a comprehensive communication and education strategy for total reward philosophy and programs
- Work collaboratively across HR to ensure that total rewards supports the overall desired employee experience and cultural priorities, including fairness, equity and inclusion
- 10+ years’ experience in total rewards, including employee compensation design and implementation, variable incentive plans, equity plans
- Experience with executive compensation design, governance, and disclosure is strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge of enterprise HCM Systems, Workday preferred
- Familiarity with compensation practices in Canada, the US and UK would be an asset
- CCP designation (or equivalent)
- Solid understanding of job evaluation and grading frameworks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with creative thinking and an eye for detail and accuracy
- Proven people leader with demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in dealing proactively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of Excel (e.g. array formulas) with demonstrated experience in complex modeling
- Strong knowledge of Word and PowerPoint and experience with creating management presentations
Please apply online and realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.