We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Compensation Consultant - 1 year contract
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located across Canada
As a Compensation Consultant, you will be responsible for conducting research and analysis, as well as supporting the development of recommendations for various compensation programs and initiatives.
What you will do
- Conduct job evaluation analyses and provide advice and guidance to HR and business clients in line with the Company’s job architecture framework to ensure internal equity
- Compile, organize and analyze market position and internal peer data on compensation, and present information/findings to HR partners and/or leaders
- Research trend topics, including related legal, tax and regulatory developments, as assigned
- Perform modeling, simulation and analyses for new and existing compensation programs and strategies, including cost analyses and projections
- Compile and organize internal data to meet the needs of the compensation function
- Draft presentations, communications, policies and programs related to compensation program design, execution and communications. Lead or support special compensation related projects
- Prepare reports and analysis to review issues. Maintain a thorough knowledge and competency level of contemporary issues, practices, regulations, and systems applications within compensation and human resources
- Interact with other functions (i.e. Finance, Tax, Legal, etc.) and external contacts (i.e. consultants and survey companies) as need be
- Participate in other initiatives as required in support of the HR strategies and priorities
What you will bring
- You have at least 2 years of experience in an analytical role, within Compensation or HR
- Post secondary required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - demonstrated ability to understand, organize, and make sense of data and develop reports/ information.
- Advanced skills in Excel (excel skill will be assessed)
- Advanced skills in Power point and Word
- Strong internal consulting skills, with the ability to build relationships at various levels of the organization to facilitate and influence change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Good business insight and ability to interact with technical disciplines
- High level of customer service and great organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced office environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and consistently exhibit excellent attention to detail
- Drive for results
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skill
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today online at Canada Life