Napoleon leads the way with innovative engineering, advanced manufacturing techniques, unsurpassed customer service and remarkable product quality. Our award-winning products offer a best-in-class experience for all customers’ home comfort needs. While we are proudly Canadian, Napoleon is also fortunate to operate on a world-wide scale.
The warmth and experience that a Napoleon product brings to the homes of our customers transcends borders, language, and cultures to enhance everyday living across the globe. Throughout North America, Europe, South America and Asia, Napoleon creates memorable moments through our stunning designs and innovative technologies.
Reporting to the Manager, Compensation & Benefits, the Compensation Specialist will be responsible for end-to-end compensation practices, such as job evaluation, performing competitive market analysis, and providing recommendations to various stakeholders. This role provides subject matter expertise regarding organizational-wide compensation programs and compensation-related activities for hourly and salary associates in both Canada and the US. The Compensation Specialist is passionate about advancing compensation practices to ensure equitable and engaging programs that attract, advance, and retain talent at Napoleon.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ongoing analysis of the compensation function organization wide. Plans, develops, and recommends new and revised compensation programs, policies, procedures, in response to the Company's goals and competitive practices.
- Fully document compensation procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct job evaluations using the Hay method to determine proper job grade levels. Manage the process for existing and newly created positions and conduct job audits as appropriate. Maintain job codes and job descriptions.
- Provide credible, thoughtful, and data-driven compensation advice to HR partners and leaders. Support the development of compensation recommendations for new hires and internal promotions.
- Complete adhoc projects including researching and analyzing data, organizing the data into meaningful documentation and presentation material, drawing sound conclusions and appropriate recommendations.
- Support all key compensation execution efforts including annual increases, bonus and variable pay programs and processes.
- Provide compensation support and expertise to internal customers. Serve as the in-house expert to provide analytical oversight and ongoing administration of compensation programs including the design of creative solutions to specific situations.
- Manage and maintain all aspects and requirements as it pertains to Market Pricing, Hay Evaluation and Pay Equity.
- Participate in compensation surveys and conduct comparative market benchmark reviews. Analyze market rates for similar jobs in comparable labour markets and recommend changes as appropriate to maintain desired market competitiveness and ensure internal equity.
- Participate in the training, communication and implementation of compensation programs and processes.
- Participate in the development, preparation, and distribution of compensation communication materials.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary education in business management and/or Human Resources.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in human resources, including a minimum of three (3) years in compensation related activities. Experience with Pay Equity and the Hay Job Evaluation method is desired.
- CCP designation or working towards preferred. CHRL / CHRP considered an asset
- Strong computer skills: expert user of MS Excel, proficient with Word and PowerPoint, experience with HRIS applications
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in The Napoleon Group of Companies and for participating in our competition. Only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.