As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
Apply now www.lafarge.ca/careers
Working closely with the Compensation and Benefits Manager, the incumbent provides strategic, tactical and analytical expertise for Lafarge’s compensation and benefit programs. A high degree of customer focus, accuracy, business understanding and time management are required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to a safe work environment.
- Understands the safety objectives of the organization and supports these efforts in a visible manner.
- Subject Matter Expertise:
- Supports Compensation & Benefits Manager with all compensation & benefits processes and administration.
- Coordinates the processing, administration and analysis of the annual bonus and merit increase program for Canadian employees. This includes preparation, review and delivery of bonus & merit letters, validating employee changes over the year, reconciling bonus and merit files processed by payroll.
- Participates in the training, communication and implementation of compensation programs and processes.
- Leads adhoc compensation projects including researching and analyzing data, organizing information into meaningful documents and presentation materials, drawing sound conclusions and appropriate recommendations.
- Build compensation metrics, reports, and tools to support compensation program decisions, forecast costs and trends, and analyze the effectiveness of the compensation program.
- Uses competitive market data and trends to participate in the design, development, execution, and administration of total compensation.
- Ensures internal market database is updated annually with benchmark data and ensures job matches remain relevant.
- Ensures the organization’s compensation programs adhere to regulatory requirements by participating in annual pay equity reviews.
- Documents and maintains administrative procedures and policies related to compensation and benefits.
- Ensures job evaluations are conducted in accordance with the job evaluation tool.
- Executes and monitors all applicable internal controls.
- Leads the annual Service Awards program.
- Acts as the expert and central administrator for shared departmental drive and associated external vendor systems.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to improve processes and policies related to Compensation. Ensures awareness of compensation related legislation changes.
- Assists with and participates in special projects, strategic initiatives (negotiations, plan mergers), as well as M&A/divestiture activities.
- Prepares and delivers employee education in English and French.
- Assists with the development and management of new programs and/or changes to current benefit programs and
- Prepares and distributes monthly EFAP newsletters.
- Super-user for internal PenBen tool.
- Supports external vendor with employee enrollment processes including annual open enrollment.
- Acts as tier 2 point of contact for benefit issues within the company, collaborating with HR and the business to ensure resolution of issues.
- Provides routine reports and conducts analysis of employee benefits information.
- Coordinates the annual taxable benefit reporting process.
- Coordinates the implementation of benefit plan changes with external vendors, including reviewing contracts and booklets for changes.
- Provides analysis and cost summaries for potential benefit plan changes.
- Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Internally - works closely with HR personnel across Canada, the Hire to Retire team
- Moderate level of interaction with Senior Functional leaders and some interaction with business Line Managers
- Externally – third party vendors representing Lafarge
- Degree or certificate in Business, Finance or Human Resources preferred
- Working towards Certified Compensation Professional designation (CCP) or benefit designation, an asset
Experience & Skill Set:
- A least 5 years of experience in Compensation and/or Human Resources field or relevant experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems (SAP/ Success Factors preferred) and database query and reporting
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other applications
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Adept at analyzing data and formatting reports.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal laws pertinent to benefit administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-service oriented and an effective team player
- Ability to work in a high volume/fast paced environment
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality required
- Able to handle/maintain confidential information
- French language (written/verbal) an asset
This position requires the incumbent to sit at the computer for the majority of the time.
- Physical Environment: This position typically operates in an office environment.
- Sensory Attention: This position requires moderate visual/sensory effort
- Mental Stress: There is moderate pressure from various sources
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
Apply now www.lafarge.ca/careers.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.