Loberto & Associates is a generalist executive search firm based in Toronto. Recently, we have been retained by a large healthcare organization in the City (17K employees) on a key search for a Senior Director, Total Rewards. This is a meaty mandate that will require the right person to come in and lead a complete compensation review (working with a tier one partner). In addition, the Senior Director will be joining a newly formed executive leadership team and will be re-designing the Total Rewards team.
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the Senior Director will act as a trusted advisor, thought partner and consultant to the organization on total rewards strategies and practices. He/she will lead and mentor a diverse (and strong) team of professionals. The incumbent will develop and implement a strong Total Rewards model and philosophy, integrated within the overall HR function. They will work closely with HR and organizational leadership to develop or evolve related programs, with strong alignment to the organization’s workplace and engagement strategies. We are re-imagining HR in alignment to the current and future needs of its diverse workforce, as well as the strategic goals and aspirations of the overall organization.
Specific key accountabilities will include the following:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs, policies, guidelines, architecture, and procedures; recommend, plan, and manage new programs along with updates and revisions to current programs.
- Partner with senior leaders and the HR team to identify and address current and emerging total rewards needs and issues.
- Serve as the internal consultant for best practices, industry trend analysis, legislative issues, and market competitiveness across the organization.
- Develop an integrated and strategic approach to non-monetary rewards and recognition for the organization, informed by leading employee engagement/motivation insights.
- Provide oversight and management to the Payroll & Administration Centre, including the HRIS and related systems, ensuring technology and related processes are maximized for efficiency, and accuracy, as well as drive a modernized experience for users and clients.
- Annually analyze the company benefits and compensation programs, policies, and structures to ensure appropriateness related to the business strategy and competitiveness.
- Provide education, mentoring and training to HRBPs and the HR staff on processes and professional practice within the total rewards space.
- Identify issues with respect to legislative changes and current collective agreements, providing related recommendations.
- Assess financial impact of total rewards program and design core measures to analyze total rewards cost trends.
- Monitor compensation structures and develop recommendations for updates to architecture and salary structures.
- Manage the annual compensation planning program and process.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- The ideal candidate will possess 10+ years’ experience as an accomplished total rewards/compensation & benefits leader, acquired in either the public or private sector.
- Ideally will hold a degree/diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related discipline. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) is preferred.
- Must be a high performer adept at leading teams, as well as building productive working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- A client -focused and inspiring leader able to deliver innovative solutions informed by stakeholder needs.
- Will possess significant experience in large, complex unionized environments, with a proven track record building strong relationship with bargaining agents.
- Ideally will be a results-oriented individual with consistent follow-up and attention to detail, data analysis and application of statistical methods and models.
- You are a highly collaborative team player with strong coaching and advisory skills. You are approachable, open, and transparent, embracing a service-oriented outlook.
- Will possess a demonstrated track record of success in applying marketplace insights within and across the organization.
- Must be experienced in effectively managing third party vendors (insurers, administrators, financial institutions).
- Possesses a track record of process and technology renewal, including implementation of payroll best practices.
This is a key, impactful and critical role for the organization and will require a thought leader who wants to put their stamp on the team and the function. There is significant autonomy here to flex your thought muscle and use the experience you have gained in total rewards. You will own not only own the Total Rewards Portfolio you will shape it and build the strategy around it.
Let’s have a conversation. Interested or curious candidates are asked to email Caroline Loberto, Managing Director, Loberto & Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org. This could change your life if you keep your mind open to it.