Requisition ID: 96617
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Leads and oversees the financial analysis of executive compensation programs for the Bank globally
ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing
regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Conducts research on market executive compensation levels, practices and trends to inform recommendations on base pay and incentives, and compensation program design. Prepares analysis and supports the drafting of various materials as they relate to executive compensation (funding, spend, incentive plan design changes) for review/approval by the Human Resources Committee and Board of Directors.
- Supports the executive compensation cycle, including incentive plan spend forecasts, annual communications, market analysis, compensation reviews, year-end planning and new executive appointments for the Bank globally.
- Develops the annual Management Proxy Circular (Compensation Discussion & Analysis), including the writing and review process, tabular data, collaborating with Internal Audit, Corporate Secretary’s and other internal Scotiabank departments. Monitors proxy disclosure best practices and proxy advisory firms’ recommendations and conducts peer proxy reviews. May participate in the preparation of materials in support of shareholder outreach initiatives and for the Bank’s Annual General Meeting.
- Oversees the Bank's incentive compensation adjustment process for risk/misconduct incidents. Supports the Compensation Review Committee by preparing agendas, materials and meeting minutes.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vision/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- 8-10 years of financial/executive compensation experience, including analysis of compensation programs
- Understanding of total rewards principles, policies and programs, disclosure, regulatory and governance requirements
- High level of financial expertise/acumen; finance degree/accounting designation/CFA preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting standards, capital markets and the shareholder perspective
- Proven quantitative/financial analytical skills and business acumen
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills – oral and written, including the ability to articulate findings/analysis and present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent project management, organizational and time management skills with proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Advanced Excel (e.g., array formulas) and PowerPoint skills
- Financial institution experience an asset
- Recognized HR or compensation designations an asset (e.g., GRP, CCP, CHRP, CHRL)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Please apply online at Scotiabank
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with
backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use
the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to
creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation
(including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive
Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require
technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank
all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an
interview will be contacted.