Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You’ll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm’s people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our Total Rewards team plays an important role in supporting the attraction, engagement, and retention of key talent for the Firm. As part of the team, you’ll help develop and administer our total rewards programme by focusing on areas such as competitive benchmarking, tax and regulatory compliance, and incentive design and linkage to performance management.
What you'll create and do
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Responsible for managing and executing the operational aspects of our annual salary survey cycle, including project planning, completing survey submissions, providing guidance to Compensation Analysts, managing vendor relationships and supporting the vendor selection process
- Considers requests to participate or recommends participation in new and/or custom surveys by collaborating with Human Capital business partners to determine business needs
- Partners with HC business partners as a strategic internal consultant to understand the business strategies of client groups; provides analysis, recommendations, and supports execution of compensation and reward programs
- Keeps abreast with and conducts research market best practices and trends in compensation and rewards space to develop subject expertise
- Provides recommendations and guidance on compensation decisions to Human Capital business partners to maintain internal equity, market competitiveness, and compliance to policies, procedures,and any applicable legislation
- Oversees the job evaluation process and supports the provincial pay equity process related to the Ontario and Quebec Pay Equity Acts
- Assists with pay transparency reporting related to the federal Employment Equity Act
- Performs and occasionally manages more complex compensation analysis requested by internal clients/stakeholders
- Maintains firmwide salary ranges and grids for all business lines nationally as well as provides analytical support for development of new salary structures or other incentive programs
- Maintains compensation data and rules within Workday and provides guidance to Human Capital business partners to improve data integrity
- Acts as an champion in digital upskilling and transformation to improve process efficiency and develop new tools/processes within the Compensation function
- Supports compensation-related needs associated with future growth/acquisitions, including assessing compensation plans and transition needs, and performing due diligence around practices of targeted acquisitions
- Supports the operation of the firm’s recognition, rewards and employee engagement programs
- Reviews recognition programs regularly and make recommendations to enhance the programs
- Assists with tracking and management of programs budgets
- Supports the execution of communication strategies and provides analysis on program metrics and recommend changes or improvements as needed
Project & Team Management (10%)
- Supports the Total Rewards leadership team on the execution of large, complex projects by organizing timelines and resources, and by providing input and recommendation based on research and analysis
- Occasionally manages smaller scale projects with the support of HC teams and compensation analysts
- Provides coaching guidance and manages the deliverables of compensation analysts
What you’ll bring to this role
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
- Designation or progress towards Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) is considered an asset
- Progressive HR experience with specialization in broad-based compensation, experience with sales and executive compensation is an asset but not required
- Strong knowledge of job evaluation, pay equity, and compensation plans design and administration
- In-depth knowledge of Cloud-based HRIS, e.g. Workday, Success Factor
- Proficiency with Data Analytics and Visualization softwares is an asset, e.g. Alteryx, Tableau and PowerBI
- High-level of proficiency in MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Experience as a Team Lead or People Manager is an asset
- Ability to influence, drive decisions and lead discussions utilizing data
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- A data-driven mindset and strong demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Creative, resourceful, flexible problem-solver
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment, with the ability to navigate complex issues while maintaining attention to detail'
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
Why you’ll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc
See how you can create your future at PwC www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/create-your-future.html
Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.